How exciting, a new blog! Whenever I set a new goal for myself, I always say, "you know, keeping a journal of your progress would probably be really useful." Unfortunately, I am terrible at keeping journals, paper or electronic. So, I thought if I tried a web version of journaling maybe I just might stay on top of it. we'll see.
So here I am with a new major goal in mind: the Chicago marathon in October. With the 'thon being on October 9th, this will technically be my 3rd marathon within a year. Crazy. I guess when they say you catch the "bug" they were right. But for this one I had a little persuasion, since I swore after my spring marathon that I wasn't doing one in the fall. My dear friend Katy, who also ran Chicago with me last year, put the idea in my head and suggested that we do it together - "together" meaning that she will be really far in front of me at the end, but we may start together. As of last week we are both registered and ready to go.
I have vowed that despite getting a late start on training, I will be in the BEST. SHAPE. EVER! for this marathon. That, my friends, is the real challenge. This blog will serve as a means for me to observe my progress, bitch about random pains, and share my personal victories and defeats. I'm going to try to not talk about random things that happen in my life that are external to training, because there is another place for that, but every once in a while some babbling will probably creep in. I apologize in advance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment