Tuesday, August 23, 2005

changes come.

do you know what I'm eating for lunch right now? Tofu. And I'm actually really enjoying it. It's like theroommate has brainwashed me with her vegetarian ways or something. Oh how things have changed over the years... But don't worry, I'll always like "animal flesh", as she calls it. Viva la carnage!

Anyways, training was sucky last week, so I decided to swap my stepback week (which was supposed to be this week) with last week's runs. I desperately needed some recovery time from that weekend of non-stop activity. So I cross trained yesterday on the elliptical and tonight I will be hammering out a 5-miler after I get my hair cut. Hopefully weight training will resume soon as well if I have time.

I found this great running quote today...

"We can't all be heroes because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." - Will Rogers

And on a somewhat related note, I may be the meanest roommate ever. Yesterday as theroommate and I were heading over to the fitness center, I asked her if she was planning to run on one of the treadmills. When she said no, I said, "Am I going to have to fight you for the elliptical? I hope not. Because if I have to, I'll kick you in the stomach." While this isn't really funny AT ALL, we were both laughing to the point where we were crying. And of course, everyone, I WOULD NEVER KICK MY ROOMMATE IN THE STOMACH. I am not a terrible, terrible person. I just make inappropriate jokes about it. I don't know how she puts up with me.

1 comment:

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

ACK! Oh, I hate tofu. Its like eggwhites. Something about the texture makes the gag reflex jump.

 
Site Meter