Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Don't worry...

the foot is A-OK. I know you were holding your breath waiting to hear whether it was still hurting or not. I made the decision last night to do today's run on the treadmill instead of pounding on the pavement just to be cautious, but it was only slightly sore this morning. More than anything I think it was one of those things where I maybe had that shoe tied too tight or something (since your feet tend to swell at least a little bit on longer runs). Good thing I did decide to run inside too, because it was nasty out today. My sister, who is a fitness nut and loveslovesloves the heat and humidity for some crazy reason, emailed me and said she was thinking about me because she was out running and didn't know how I could possibly get my runs in, even she was suffering. She's a crazy girl, my sister, but I love her.

So 4 today on the treadmill. I felt really good thumping along at 9:30 pace. It actually felt kind of slow, which is amazing for being on the treadmill (at least for me). I always feel like I'm working harder to keep pace on the treadmill for some reason. I also did a killer bi's and tri's workout. This was good because I hadn't lifted since last Wednesday, I think. I get into these cycles where I get really excited about lifting, and then I get really apathetic about it for a while. But right now I am excited again so that's good. My workout today was also exciting because theroommate came over and crosstrained for a bit while I was in the fitness center. This is significant because she is recovering from major emergency abdominal surgery and she used to be my marathoning partner, so it's been tough to see her go through so much pain and to feel like I couldn't be of much help to her in her recovery. I am SOOOO excited about her improvement as of late, and the fact that she started crosstraining (even for just a little bit) this week is a huge step. This is also why yesterday's Corona-fest was especially significant, because she either hasn't had the appetite to drink alcohol or physically couldn't because of painkillers for the last few months.

Glad to see there are a few other hummus fans out there. My dad looks at me like I'm crazy anytime I try to make him eat it. And he always calls it hume-is (almost like hubris) not matter how many times I tell him the correct pronunciation. it drives me nuts. I've also been on a sweet potato kick this week. mmm... sweet potatoes...

1 comment:

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I just hate being on the treadmill. I can't get my pace to feel right and its so bizarre to have the belt moving and not me. I used to like it but now I can't run on it at all. I don't know how I will manage winter if it gets bad this year.

Oh dear. That made me think about nice cool snow. Ahhhhhhhhh.

 
Site Meter