Monday, August 08, 2005

"I think she's lost her mind"

is what the coworker just said about me when I yelped because my poor plum rolled off my desk and smacked onto the floor.

I did my 11 yesterday, and man was it great. and by "great" I mean hot. that's my own fault though, because I didn't get out until like noon. but at least there was a nice breeze rolling through KMP. I also wasn't very well hydrated, so I consciously was trying to keep it slow for that very reason. yeah, that worked out well. 9:19/mile pace for the whole run. I felt only "eh" for the first 4 miles and then all of a sudden at mile 4.5 I just felt incredibly good, and started picking it up. who knows?

so I had a nice run. I headed off the path right around mile 5 and took the side road that no one ever drives down. There's absolutely no shade and you have to run on the side of the road and there is a big old hill on it, but I love running down that road for some reason. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I found that road on one of my runs on my last marathon training cycle, right around the time that my ex and I split up. It was very, very therapeutic for me to run down that road in total solitude, without having to say "hi" or nod to anybody, and just think about things, work things out in my head, and just take out my frustrations on the road. It's not a happy time in my life that I like to think about, but it gives me a feeling of peace and comfort to know that, like that Nike poster says, "the road is always open," and isn't going to cause internal conflict or sorrow. A bit cheesy, I know, but whatever.

Anyways, so that was yesterday's run. Nothing really interesting to note, except that some old geriatric patient wasn't paying attention and seriously almost ran me over with his bike. This morning I cross trained on the elliptical. I got going with my music and was kind of bouncing up and down, nodding my head and such, when an older guy came in to use the bike. I hate when you get caught dancing along to music, makes you feel so foolish.

that's about it. I'm heading out soon to have dinner with my dad. Today's his birthday and he's coming up to have dinner with just little old me. how exciting!

OH! and I almost forgot to say what our new favorite word is here at work. Potoroo! thecoworker and I walk around yelling it randomly all the time. yes, we are quite possibly insane. :)

2 comments:

MplsJu said...

so is that "poo-toe-roo," "poh-too-roo," "poo-too-roo," or some other pronounciation?

crazies :)

mouse said...

We pronounce it "poh-too-roooooooo!" in a really high, goofy tone.

I don't know what the ACTUAL pronounciation should be, however. :)

 
Site Meter