Tuesday, October 25, 2005

clueless.

I don't usually like making fun of non-marathoning people, because that's just a snobby, elitist attitude ([sarcasm]although I do go to Michigan, so I suppose that's expected[/sarcasm]) but do you know what kind of cracks me up? When people ask you a week after you run a marathon whether you're running another one the next weekend. For example, after I ran Chicago last year, my uncle emailed me to congratulate me and suggested I run Columbus the next weekend, you know, so I wouldn't "waste all that training". heh. this year, even though I did flop in Chi-town, multiple people asked me if I was planning on doing Detroit two weeks later. "So, you doin' the marathon this weekend?" I just looked at most of them like they were completely daft. What I should have said is, "no, are you?" in a perfectly innocent tone, knowing full well that none of them run.

In totally unrelated news, I have a scratchy throat, and no one to blame it on. grrr.

3 comments:

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Heh, heh. One of the guys that I met up with in Detroit was running 4 marathons this month. Detroit was number 3. He is insane.

E-Speed said...

I love when you run one and then your friends or family ask if you won :)

Kurt in Boston said...

Super Awesome Marathon Mouse, sorry to read about Chicago. I kinda know the feeling (almost passed out at 22 in San Diego -- hung out at med tent for over half hour before walking the remainder).

So what's up next? It's 11 weeks to the Arizona Rock and Roll Marathon -- cool, flat and dry...

 
Site Meter