Thursday, October 13, 2005

in high school, my nickname was veronica.

I don't know why. I made it up one day and it's stuck with several high school friends since then. I even had a last name picked out, that of a guy who used to run against my older brother that I thought was incredibly dreamy. The guy ended up running for UM so I still see him running around campus occasionally. Well, my friend katy emailed me yesterday to say that he placed quite well in the Chicago marathon. I find this to be humorous because I used to follow him around at track meets when I was a freshman.

I've since abandoned the "veronica" nickname in favor of the name my college roommates gave me, and I've also learned that the man is supposedly dumb as a box of rocks.

Anyways, I think I'm going to follow Higdon's post marathon training program starting next week. That should take me through to the Turkey Trot and my appointment with my PCP. Once she clears me, I'm going to start on an 8 week plan that I found in some runners world publication. We'll see from there. I'm also going to start lifting again next week (no, I swear, I am). Also, I am going to attempt to make stretching a regular part of my routine, per Jon's request to all runners.

Props go out to theroommate for being amazingly nice to the-ex last night when he came to visit. I was madly impressed, especially since she at one time referred to him as "that bastard!" (to be fair, this is the ONLY mean thing I've EVER heard her mutter in her entire life. and it was well deserved) I was pleasantly surprised to find out that he's not quite as big of an asshole as he's been making himself out to be as of late. Does this mean we're reconciling? Hell no. that would be disastrous. But we did have a nice time catching up, since we really haven't seen each other/had a good conversation in almost 6 months. Maybe we'll be able to reestablish some kind of friendship after all.

You're right, juju, what was I thinking? Go Blue! They're planning a "Maize Out" at the big house for Saturday's game. Oh, and the Daily now has horoscopes. How funny is that?

1 comment:

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I'll come cheer for you at the Turkey Trot, Mouse!

I'd love to run it but I have a GIANT 7 hour exam the next day that will change the course of my entire life. Being sore and achy from a race like that would not be good.

 
Site Meter