I'm running a marathon in a few days. wow. that's weird. in many ways I don't feel prepared at all. but then I look at the training I did and look at the comparative training I did last year for the same race and I think I'm ready.
unfortunately, I have a scratchy throat coming on. theroommate can rest assured that she no longer will be suspected as "patient zero". Thecoworker is about 7 feet away from me hacking up a lung as I type this. booo for sick people!
yeah, so I've been running little the past week, which is fine with me. did 3 yesterday and plan to do 4 tonight. Then it's pretty much rest time until Sunday. I guess we'll see then if i'm ready for this, eh?
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, you are so ready for this. Make sure you rest really well now. Drink your juice, eat your carbs and stay the heck away from those sick people! No getting sick before the race.
at the twin cities marathon last weekend, my friend was running with her twin (kind of funny...twins running the twin city marathon...), and her twin had thought she had a stress fracture but tried running anyway, since she'd had all the training. she made it 15 miles and had to quit, and now is worried about her leg. point being: there are always other marathons to run. of course, i don't think running with a head cold (if you do get one, which you WON'T) will kill you...but just keep it in mind.
That said, kick ass this weekend!
Love J
Post a Comment