but with your blood sugar level as low as it was, you would have blacked out within... oh, 1 or 2 miles or so. You wouldn't have finished, if that's what you're wondering."
-the nice doctor who took care of me, upon me asking whether it was right for me to have stopped at mile 18.
my first DNF ever. booooo.
(hey, at least they didn't take me to the E.R., like they threatened to do in the ambulance)
will report more fully later. well, maybe. if I feel like it. which, honestly, I probably won't because I don't want to think about it.
Monday, October 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Whew! Glad you are going to be ok. When I saw your times stop, I had images of you being carried to an ambulance with broken bones and no pulse. I'm glad that they got to you before you blacked out. You made the right decision, and I know passing out and smashing your head on the concrete would really be bad.
Happy to have you back in one piece, Mouse!
aw, thanks! I thought I was going to start crying in the ambulance. luckily the EMT was really cute and wouldn't stop staring at me because I'm so cute (ok, probably because he said I looked "translucent and really awful") so that stopped me from having a total "I FAILED" breakdown.
I'm formulating a plan. I have been forbidden from trying to do detroit in two weeks (trust me, it crossed my mind). But I want to see my Dr. and make sure my bloodwork is all ok before I start any big training.
Post a Comment