Thursday, November 03, 2005

fartleks!

What a funny word. Anyways, I did 4 tonight, outside after work. It was dark out but it was so unbelievably warm that I had to run outside. I did 1 mile easy then did 2 miles of fartleks and then one mile easier again. I haven't done anything remotely close to speedwork in a long time, so I was kind of out of my element on this one, but it was still fun. I basically just chose landmarks as my basis of when to go fast or not ("I'll go fast until I get to the library, then go slower until I get to the corner"). It was a nice way to get in some fun, faster training.

My legs felt a little bit tired and I wasn't sure if it's from yesterday's lifting or if I'm just getting out of shape. Either way, I'm sure they'll bounce back just fine once I'm into a regular routine again.

I got an email today from some UM official talking about the UM vs. OSU blood battle. I think I'm going to give because I haven't given in a long time, since it always seemed that I was training for something. Giving blood always leaves me feeling blah on my runs for a week or two, and I'm a little worried given the mysterious problem that I had at Chicago. But, I think giving blood is worth it and I'll be seeing my Dr. at the end of this month anyways so she can tell me if there's something drastically wrong with me then.

Thanks for the comments about the Indy Mini, but Mpls Ju's comment is strongly noted. She knows me (and my demented thought processes) well. After some more thinking about it, I realized it's probably a bad idea. There's really no way to NOT associate that city with my ex and, regardless of whether I'm getting along with him on a "friends" basis or not, I won't be able to fully focus on training having that in the back of my head. Better to pick someplace that has no significance whatsoever. I can always do that race in the future, once I'm totally ok with everything that's happened over the past year.

For now, I am sleepy. g'night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened in chicago? link me to your post about it, if you wrote...

Anonymous said...

okay, found your post. same thing happened to me...mile 19, totally bonked...and was completely prepared. grrrrrrrr.... but i'm glad you've bounced back.

MplsJu said...

Mouse,

Glad you take my advice seriously. It's a good decision, I think. There's plenty of other races to run. Good luck finding one!

 
Site Meter