Alright, this is it. The last two weekends of regular season NCAA football for the Big Ten (or at least for Michigan) are upon us. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself once I have my Saturdays completely free. Maybe I'll run more, who knows. One thing's fairly certain: I probably won't be engaged in many Blue Moon fueled jaunts around our favorite watering hole, shouting, "are you a Michigan fan? High five!" to everyone I see.
So here's what's going to happen. I decided. Currently, we need to perform a precise triplejump over Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Penn State to get a BCS bowl bid, right? No problem! We just need to win out. That should take care of Ohio State right there. Wisconsin is going to screw themselves over with a loss to Iowa on Saturday. Iowa's coming off that scorching loss to Northwestern, they're going to be fired up. Next weekend it's going to be about love for the mighty mitten shaped state... Besides us knocking off the Buckeyes, MSU is going to take Penn State down. That's right. You heard me. MSU is going to be so incredibly pissed off about their loss to Purdue that they're going to come out charging. They were strong early in the season, I really think they can do it. It will make up for having to hear that stupid "We Are... Penn State" cheer on tv over and over and over again.
who's with me on this one?
Oh wait, I forgot. BCS rankings don't necessarily go by who's actually GOOD. They go by what the stupid computer says. hmph. Kinda puts a fork in my plan, eh?
On a completely unrelated note, does it make me a terrible Michigan fan to say that I think Kirk Herbstreit is dreamy. Because he totally is. Note to ESPN: More Kirk, less Corso. Corso's an idiot.
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You've really analyzed this! I'm impressed:) I think we're a long shot for the BCS because PSU and OSU are ranked so much higher than we are. But miracles can happen:)
Kirk is dreamy...for an OSU alum.
Holy football fan, Batman!
Funny, although my screen name says "BuckeyeRunner," we won't have to come to fisticuffs--I am a Pittsburgh gal, and was only transplanted to Ohio for college. Not OSU. And I am not really a football fan. Unless the Steelers are playing.
Mo, I thought about how far ahead of us both those teams are ranked... I think if Penn State does lose to OSU, who is like, what? 2-4 in the Big Ten? That's going to drop them big time... There's a "strength of opponent" component (or something similar) in those computer rankings, right? Plus, by beating OSU we'll move forward. A step forward for us, 3 steps backwards for them... I think we could have them.
OSU is another story. That one will be close, because they won't fall a heck of a lot if we beat them, because we're at least ranked. We could always hope OSU loses to Northwestern next weekend, but then we run the risk of having Northwestern hurdle over us in the rankings...
Buckeyerunner, glad to hear you're not an OSU fan. But I have to admit to you... for some stupid reason I'm a Bengals fan (hey, my home team's the Lions, can you blame me?).
Go Blue!
(and Go Spartans!)
WE ARE!
PENN STATE!!
Post a Comment