Tuesday, November 29, 2005

thankfulness

is it awful that I'm thankful that thanksgiving is over? because seriously... I spent a couple of days at home last week and certain members of my family feel it's necessary to make everyone's lives miserable. so needless to say it wasn't that great of a time. I already wasn't in a good mood w/ the 'rents because I arrived home to discover that they had been using all of my college graduation announcements as scrap paper (yes, I'm still angry about this, for those of you who have heard me bitch about it already). COME ON! at least give me a few for keepsakes first! YOU DO NOT NEED THE THE MICHIGAN EMBOSSED SEAL ON THE BACK OF YOUR GROCERY LIST!

anyways. Running was minimal over the past week. I ran on Sunday, about 3 miles. Yesterday I headed out and did 4. I felt crappy for both, like my lungs were all congested. I have a feeling this is because a) I went out Friday, which probably had an impact on my immune system and b) several members of my family smoke, so when I spend time at home I end up smelling like I was living in a bar... which cannot be good for the lungs. gross.

It was seriously 60 degrees here yesterday, but it was POURING on my run. I had the good sense to wrap my iPod shuffle in a zip-lock bag before heading out so as not to get the thing soaked. Last time I ran with a shuffle in the rain it "malfunctioned" (imagine that) and I had to get it swapped out for a new one at the Apple store. I *heart* Apple.

Friday night I went out with a few of the crazychicas (my college roommates), theroommate (my current one) and katy, the girl who also did Chicago (and who BQ'ed there). good grief. I had almost forgotten how much fun these people were. What a great time. I think I'm STILL dehydrated from that lovely evening. here are some pics:
momo, myself, theroommate, and katy

one-half of the crazychicas!

I don't know WHY no NFL team is hearing me when I say someone has to beat the Colts. That stupid game last night lost me $5 (to my bro) and dinner (to the-ex). boooooo. the good news is that the-ex will probably never be able to collect his winnings because he works too much to come visit (plus, I don't think he eats these days anyways... he looks like death he's so thin and gaunt).

On another exciting note (I say "exciting" sarcastically)... the woman sitting next to me at the Piston's game last week told me to smell her phone and asked me if it smelled good. I said, "sure," because I was afraid she was going to kill me otherwise. She replied, "you know what that smells like?" to which I replied, "cocoa butter?" WHY DO I ALWAYS ENCOUNTER PEOPLE LIKE THIS? she laughs and says, "no, it's weed. I can't wait until halftime." good grief.

4 comments:

MplsJu said...

LOL to that last story, Mouse! You are hilarious! Did the woman return after halftime?

ShoreTurtle said...

Using paper embossed with the Michigan seal is just plain wrong! Depending on the county in Michigan it may actually be a misdemeanor. And the woman that asked you to smell her phone? What's up with that? It sounds like you're surrounded by crazy people.

E-Speed said...

hahah. wow i cant believe she asked you to smell her phone.

sorry t-day wasn't much fun for you. I used to smoke, I have no idea how. It is so disgusting. I feel your pain on reeking aftewards. I get sick just going to the bar.

About Me: said...

I HEAR YOU ON THE COLTS MUST LOSE FACTOR!
steelers are overrated, they couldn't be counted on to finish the job (wish my coworker neighbor read this blog, as his sorry team beating my chargers cost me a six pack) but don't worry, colts are OVERRATED

 
Site Meter