so this week running has been nonexistent. Exercise in general has been nonexistent. I was exhausted on Tuesday evening so theroommate and I decided that cooking dinner was not an option and went out for some comfort food (wings, fries, and beer) instead. Yesterday I had a bunch of running around to do because we're doing our mothers cookie baking extravaganza (i'll explain later) as planned on Saturday so I had to make sure I had all the stuff for that, tonight my brother just called to let me know my sissie is going down to my parent's place for dinner, so I'll probably join them since the whole family will be there (despite the foul state of the roads) and tomorrow I'm supposed to go out with my sister and a bunch of guys that she works with (evidently they think I'm cute or something. I'm honestly just in it for the free beer).
Yeah, so last year we decided that since theroommate and I often don't have time to go home as much as we'd like during the holidays to help with cookie baking and holiday preparations, we'd invite our moms up for a Saturday, make them lunch, and we'd bake cookies at our place all day. That way they didn't have to deal with the clean up, we get to spend some quality time together, and we get cookies out of the deal. great plan, right? Last year it was a lot of fun, despite our hesitations (there was a lot of, "you girls don't load the dishwasher the right way," and, "no, you're not making those cookies correctly," going on). I think the fact that both of our moms aren't big drinkers and we fed them bottles of wine while they were at our place helped. So we planned to do it this coming Saturday this year, since my finals would be done then, but then this whole thing with my mom happened and we didn't think we'd be able to do it. But, my mom's doctor hasn't put any restrictions on her, so we have the green light to proceed. This year we're having cinnamon rolls, mimosas, and coffee when they get to our place in the morning, then we're planning on baking for a while, and then we'll take a break and have tomato, pesto and mozzarella grilled sandwhiches for lunch (most likely with a bottle of wine). Then more cookie baking to top things off. Our moms really had a lot of fun last year, so we're really looking forward to it. This is the sort of stuff my mom wants to make sure she can do so that we can have good memories to charish, so it is especially important to me.
so I guess that's a good enough reason to not be getting too much running in. I have a lot of time to train before the next race, so I'm not worried about it at all. I just hope I don't go stir crazy from not getting any miles in.
Thursday, December 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like a great time and I hope all your finals go well.
tomorrow my running partner kim and i are having a baking cookie day too. but we have spent more time discussing what alcohol we will be drinking than the cookies themselves. ;-)
that sounds like a lovely, special day. my mom's not a baker, but on holidays me, grandma and mom make tamales! (of course, last year we had to fire my mom because she was spreading the maiz on the corn huskes too thickly).
have fun!
That sounds like SO much fun, what a great idea! Take lots of pics to share with us and get those moms liquored up!! My mom and MIL do the same thing - I thought about strangling them both when we moved into our house. They unpacked my kitchen "for me" and put everything where THEY thought it should go.......
Post a Comment