Wednesday, December 21, 2005

smell my phone, part 2.

So after two showers, I don't smell like a frat house anymore. I've got that going for me.

Last night I had a pair of tickets to the Piston's game. Theroommate couldn't go because she had a silly holiday party that she had to attend, so I asked Mpls Ju (one of my old college roommmates) if she wanted to go because she is rarely in town and I thought it would be nice to spend some quality time with her while she's home.

So I swing by and pick Ju up and we head up to the Palace. All is good through the first and second quarter. The Pistons are not playing super hot, but I don't pay as much attention when I'm actually AT games as when I'm watching them on TV, so I don't really notice (all the distractions!). We go to get another beer at halftime and in general we're having a good time. I'm leaning forward in my seat with my elbows on my knees, cradling my beer in both hands. Then, about 1/3 of the way through the 3rd quarter, the STUPID kid in front of me throws his hands back behind him, and before I know it I am COVERED in beer. I briefly think of pouring the little remaining beer straight onto the kids head, but as Ju points out, that would be a double tragedy, because not only would I have beer all over me, I also would have wasted all my beer.

It takes me a minute to register that not only is my lap completely covered with beer, making me look like I had an "incident" involving little bladder control, but my cell phone happened to be sitting on my lap at the time, and has completely shut itself off. I spend the better part of the 3rd quarter restraining myself from punching the kid (who didn't even say "sorry"!) in the head and trying to telepathically send death rays toward him so that he drops dead right there. Evidently my powers of telepathy need some improving, because he managed to punch my leg again during the 4th quarter.

my phone is in bad shape, as is usually the case for all things that are soaked in beer. it will not stop vibrating and turns itself on and off sporatically. fabulous. I finally just took the damn battery out so that it would stop vibrating. The woman next to me comments that she hopes I don't get pulled over on the way home because there's no way I can deny having had a drink. I stink like a frat house. I feel like I've peed my pants, but it's sticky beer instead of pee. it's generally just gross and I complain about it a lot, all while sending death rays toward the little boy in front of me. I vow then and there that I will NEVER have children, as per my dad's prediction.

halfway through the 4th quarter, Ju finally admits that Automotion (the Piston's dance team) is "pretty bad." I'm disappointed that it took her this long.

On the way home, Ju has a fun time playing with my phone because it's doing random shit. It was ok for a bit after we put the battery back in, and then it started vibrating again, and then the screen started flashing at us and then the LEDs starting turning orange, then red, then orange, then red... it was weird. I was pretty sure my phone was dead.

Alas... I work with computer repair men. I stopped down this morning to beg for help and one of them just brought it back to me in working condition. The screen looks kind of funny, but it functions. He said he took it apart, washed it in deionized water and then washed it in ethanol alcohol and then dried it and it seems to be working. SWEET!

I'm still never having children. and I hope the stupid kid gets no presents for Christmas.

9 comments:

GaryGinew said...

How could no one else comment on this entry? Great story. I can't believe the little jerk didn't even apologize. Hopefully your death rays reach the punk soon.

I'm glad you were able to fix your phone. I'd have no one to talk to at 2AM on Sunday mornings otherwise. :)

Anonymous said...

Didn't the kid have any adult supervision? I feel your pain. It is never good when beer is wasted.

brent d. said...

I think you should have just stomped the little kid. No, I'm totally serious. =) I can't stand people who are unaware of their surroundings (and rude). Once at a Titan's game I was stuck by this kid with blowup "bang sticks" and he was out of control. I just sat and waited until he almost smacked me in the face and I made my move. I grabbed the sticks and gave him a "I'm gonna shove this up your a$$" look. It worked. No more banging.

I'm glad your phone is working! Be careful if it still smells like beer. You'll catch yourself licking it while you talk on the phone.

About Me: said...

i hate wasted beer but i hate little brats who are unaware of their surroundings. this includes even more adults!

and yes, this was totally funny. i had to stop myself from laughing out loud at work.

you must practice your telepathy. cause then you coulda sent a mental punch

Simba's Mom said...

You have had the worst luck at Pistons games! Maybe better to just watch on TV?

E-Speed said...

LOL Bah Humbug ;)

At least you got to drink some of your beer right?

Merry Christmas!

Rae said...

Ha! I would've poured the rest on him. Would that get you in trouble for serving alcohol to minors? I would've at least knocked into him BIG TIME.

The Big Guy said...

Love your 'blog- you have an evil sense of humor...
(The "band in a bucket" is a great idea...
I think I'll give it a try on one of the folks
at work that I don't like... Heh.)

This post reminds me of an episode of mine
last year in Athens...
(Near the end of the section- the Asian guy
and the cup of coffee.)

http://www.listen2unclejay.com/Athens%20II.htm#sbs

Cheers-

The Big Guy
www.listen2unclejay.com

:) said...

Funny... ;)

 
Site Meter