today I wasn't feeling nearly as overwhelmed as I was yesterday. I got all of my readings done for class, which is like a first for me. Thursday night's class is with the good prof., the one who is my advisor, so I enjoy going to it. It also helps that it's basically a class convering all of the stuff that I did during my internship last semester, so it's all stuff I've done before. I like being able to bring in books from my personal collection and recommending them to the class. yes, I was that girl. how annoying, right?
Then on the way home I had a great conversation with my friend zajak. It's always so good to be able to catch up with her. And just talking to her really grounded me about some of the things that I was having issues with last weekend. She's been in the exact same situation, and she knows where I'm coming from, so when she talks to me I know that I really need to listen, even if it's not what I want to hear. She and I also did some planning for my visit in a few months, so I'm really excited about that.
On that great note, I headed over for my run this evening and pounded out 4.5 easily at 9.30 pace. There was no one over there so it was great. Then I came home and bothered theroommate for about an hour, complaining to her about people that I think are creepy. I'm so glad that she tolerates me.
no reading tonight... that's my decision. I need to get more sleep, so I'm going to bed. I can get a bunch done tomorrow, since it's a rest day, and then a little done on Saturday, but the bulk of it will have to wait until Sunday. Saturday should be a blast, as it's a day full of "pampering" with some friends. Why on earth do I feel like this will end with all of us drinking copious amounts of alcohol and carousing for men? oh yeah, because that's what usually happens when I hang out with these girls. And it's always a good time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Love the new profile pic! Good job on all your treadmill running, I don't knwo how you do it!
Hey! Who are you going out with on Friday? Geez, I feel so out of touch!
Hope your feelings of overwhelmedness continue to subside...
ju, nat and jenn are having a get together on Saturday. Mo's coming too, and I'm trying to convice theroommate to come, and some of the girls' other friends...
Glad to hear that yesterday was a much better day for ya. Have a good time out with the girls tomorrow. Happy hunting. :)
enjoy your night out on the town! gonna make a late-night run for red paint?
haha, to paint the town, get it?
~~~(groan)~~~
Have a great time! Don't start flashing random gang signs or anything.....Maybe you need to tell us what teams are playing this weekend so we don't get embaressed at the grocery store again!
Post a Comment