oh my goodness, was it the most gorgeous day today! I woke up and got some reading done for class, then paid some bills, then headed out to run. about 5 miles on the trails at the state park by my house. seriously, it was absolutely gorgeous outside. I spent most of the run thinking about how unbalanced my life has been this past year, and how the entired time i've felt like something was awry, and then thinking about how running has always been the thing to kind of "balance" things out in a way. I don't know, I just thought that was coincidental. it was kind of tough running outside though for some reason. I kept thinking about things, and it wasn't really too pleasant. attempting not to break down crying while running up a hill and trying to keep one's breathing under control is a little bit challenging. then I'd start thinking about all the great running goals I wanted to accomplish to get my mind off of all the serious stuff and everything would be better.
After I showered and dressed I headed up to the rich people's mall to pick up a blazer for a suit that was on sale at Ann Taylor. I'm presenting at my first conference this week and my mom wanted me to be well dressed so she had planned to take me shopping for a new suit. Her best friend took me on Friday night instead, but they didn't have the jacket that I wanted so I had to go pick it up at the other mall today. Then I headed over to thecoworker's place in Ann Arbor to work on the presentation. We picked up chinese food and worked until almost 11. wild and crazy on a saturday night, eh? I have to head back down to his place tomorrow so that we can finish it up and practice. wish us luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
All the best with your presentation. I know we don't know each other but speaking from experience, try not to be too hard on yourself. You're dealing with one of the hardest things that you will ever have to deal with in your entire life.
good luck!
Good luck on your presentation, you're going to do awesome!!
Last weekend was AWESOME here too. I am so ready for spring!
awww, the ol' running cause you can't breathe cause you're thinking about everything but running and then you constrict and FORCE your mind to change topics....
good luck with pres, if this isn't too late (and i think maybe it is). dress sharp as a whip and conservative. i add that last part cause mom always chimes in i need to dress more conservative...though mom will be proud anyway!
Post a Comment