Sunday, March 19, 2006

not too much of a longer run...

but it was a good one. between 5.5 and 6, on the trails at the state park near me. I tried out a new trail today. it was a "mountain biking" trail. you know what this means? hairpin turns, rocks, ruts, hills and decents.... everywhere. it was awesome! but exhausting. and my knee hurts from all the turns, which kind of defeats the point of running on the trails rather than the paved routes.

I've been having a really crappy last few days. it started on thursday, when I just got into sort of a funk and it lasted through this morning. I think I'm feeling a bit better now, but I really wasn't a fan of the past few days [with the exception of the st. patty's day festivities]. The time that i've been alone has not been very fun, and usually I enjoy being alone and having some peace and quiet. hopefully if the weather finally gets warmer this little fling with depression [or whatever it is] will go away. Oh yes, my midterms being over will probably help too. :)

I think I may make trail running a more regular part of my training, even when I'm on a plan. Do any of you out there own trail shoes for trail running? are they worth the investment if I'm going to make 2/5 of my weekly runs on trails? Or should I be fine in my regular shoes?

4 comments:

E-Speed said...

You look pretty good in a green feather boa. Not too many a chick could pull that off!

onepinkfuzzy said...

that trail sounds AWESOME!!!!

I have a pair of trail shoes for trail running, and road shoes for road running. In a pinch, I'll take my road runners on the trails, but prefer not too - I like the stability the trail shoes provide me. It's just additional support in the last, I think (some salesman was trying to tell me there's not much difference), but it feels better to me, especially on rocky, turny, twisty trails.

BuckeyeRunner said...

I love your new profile pic!
And that trail does sound cool! I wish there were good trails around me to run on. RW's April issue has some good trail shoe best buys that may help.

And hang in there. Crappy weeks have to end at some point!

Rae said...

Great job with the trails! I guess the ones they talk about that are so good for your body are the grass ones? I've never figured out how steep inclines and declines could be better for you than pavement, but I guess they'll ask for my opinion when I win Boston.

 
Site Meter