soooooo.
tonight. had great plans to head home from class, straight to the fitness center, and hop on a treadmill for a nice run.
yeah.
then I drove right past the fitness center. it was unfortunate. I just didn't have it in me. something about the treadmill and all the regular running routes that I usually do just isn't appealing to me. I think that's why I've been loving the trail running lately. it's new. it's fresh. and that makes it fun.
so I went home, ate a snack, and then got dressed and went over to the fitness center. to cross train. if I'm just going to be sitting around at home (because no way am I doing any work tonight) I may as well get a good workout in. so I ellipticaled for 45 minutes, and then I decided to start this lifting plan that I've been wanting to get into. the first day calls for a ridiculous amount of sets and reps for legs. here's how it went:
4 sets of 15-20 squats [I did 20 the first 2 sets, then switched to 15. really focusing on form]
4 sets of 15-20 deadlifts [I did sets of 15, with 30lbs.]
at this point, I realize that if I want to walk - nevertheless run - at all in the next two weeks that this is a bad idea
so I only did:
3 sets of 12 lunges
this "plan" called for three more exercises, 15-20 reps of each. yeah right. the funny thing is that I've actually done this plan before. back when I actually had muscles. today? so not happening. Maybe I'll try a scaled back version. or maybe I'll just make up my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah - strength training - youch.
I'm supposed to be creating a six-pack. Not happening.
squats? lunges? what country are you from? I don't understand this foreign language.
Hey, your RBF Elitist button is really funny!
Way to power back and get in a good workout! If I drive past the gym and head home, I am inevitably drawn to that spiderweb of laziness, my bed, which has the uncanny ability to drain all my willpower from my body!
Good job!
Post a Comment