Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'M SO NOT RUNNING CHICAGO THIS YEAR.

there. I declared that publicly. because I hate that marathon. ok, I don't hate it. it's really a great, fun marathon if you're not concerned with time or if you have a preferred start spot, but otherwise it's huge pain in the ass. I swore to myself at mile 2 last year (right where it bottlenecks for the first time) that I was never running that race for time again ever. weaving around people for 24 miles is just too freaking exhausting.

buuuuuut. who's all running it/going to be there? Chicago's a pretty easy drive from the D, and boston bound katy lives in the Chi and could probably put me up for a weekend of spectating.

hmmm. this sounds interesting...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicken!

:-)

E-Speed said...

i am suppsoed to get a preffered start but damn Columbus hasn't sent my finisher certificate. So I will just have to blaze through Boston and use that.

Thats cool that you don't want to run Chi Town.

I figure my Columbus time qualifies me for next years Boston so if I get bottlenecked it's no biggie. I can just relax and enjoy the moment.

mouse said...

see... elizabeth gets my thinking. I've never tried to run a "fast" marathon time before. Chicago just isn't the place to do it unless you have a preferred start, and even then it's crowded.

I would love to do it and just relax, but I figure I've done that for 3 in a row... I should probably step it up here at some point, you know? :)

Garou said...

I'm probably going to run it, but, since I am not a fast runner, it's not going to bother me as much. When/if I ever do get faster, it might, but until then, it's probably not going to really effect my time.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

40,000 runners and 1 million spectators? That thing is so crowded now that nobody goes there any more.




(Apologies to Yogi Berra for that dreadful butchering of his quote)

Rae said...

Ha! I do think about that. I'd sort of like to do several marathons this fall which might be crazy. Then all the ppl dodging wouldn't bother me so much, maybe. But I do hate people, a lot.

 
Site Meter