Thursday, May 25, 2006

9. and they hurt.

not in the "i'm injured" way. but in the, "I was really freaking tired," way. it was a struggle, mentally and physically, to get them done.

1200 warm up
4 miles pace - 8.37ish
800 jog
800 cruise interval - 8.13 pace
400 jog
2 mile pace - 8.40ish
1 mile cooldown

9 total.

those last two miles? hurt. I was just tired. not just mentally, I'm bored and want to be done already, tired. how do you all get through slumps like that? I thought about all of you people out there, getting your kickass workouts done. most of you without struggling or complaining, like I am now. I thought about my mom, and her physical struggles and how strong she was through then. then I swiftly stopped thinking about her, because it makes me cry and that's kinda inconvenient when i'm desperately trying to finish two pace miles. By then the Pistons game had just started, so that distracted me for the rest of the mile.

when I got done with those last two miles, I was disgusting. it was warm here today, and running indoors when it's warm is unfortunate. but running in the clattering thunderstorm that was happening during my run would have been far more unfortunate. my tank top was literally completely and totally soaked by the time I was done. I may as well not have been wearing a shirt, it was so saturated. the woman on the elliptical looked at me and said, "how often do you run? every day?" and I told her that no, it was usually 5 days a week or so. she asked me how long I'd been running and a few other questions, and then she said, "because i've seen you come in here and you run so fast!" I laughed at that, and told her that today was an exception, but thank you. i'm trying to be more gracious about accepting compliments. It was just really nice to hear after I struggled so much those last two miles.

other than that... I didn't get up to run yesterday, which was fine. it was "3-4 miles or rest" on the schedule, and i'm planning on doing 3 more than what's on the schedule on saturday, so I don't feel too bad about it. I biked for 30 minutes with coworker and then we lifted legs. All machines, but I upped my weight on some of the exercises, so I didn't mind so much.

3x10 glute machine (75, 90, 105 lbs - note to self, these are a poor substitute for squats/lunges. you're not allowed to use that excuse again)
3x10 leg curls (110, 125, 140 lbs)
3x10 adductor (90, 95, 100 lbs)
3x10 abductor (140, 145, 150 lbs)
3x10 leg presses (185, 190, 195 lbs)
3x10 ham curls (85, 90, 95 lbs)

a shorter workout, but I had to scurry because I had a hair and arch appointment. tomorrow i'm on my own with the chest and shoulder lifting. coworker is out of town.

4 comments:

Liv said...

Blah, gotta hate those icky days. But the bottom line is, you're still running... and still gaining the admiration of those around you. That's not all bad!

Michele said...

I hate those days when running is such a struggle, we ALL have them. Great job working through it and getting the run done with GREAT times to boot!!!

Moby Dick said...

That's your short workout? Whoa!

Anonymous said...

good job

 
Site Meter