Friday, May 05, 2006

it's friday, folks!

so.

I'm sitting at home about 10 minutes ago, just chillin' out. I'm ready to settle in for the night, having just finished eating and there's a somewhat entertaining movie on television. I'm saving myself for a friend's birthday next weekend. no going out late for me. nope. definitely not.

then my phone rings.

i'm hoping to god it's not the new guy that i've kinda sorta been talking to. because seriously, who calls at 9 on a friday? not that i'm actually doing anything, but you know, I should be. and so should he.

nope. it's rocky. friend of my ex's. and fun as hell. he's yelling at me to be more exciting. to get to ann arbor. where he will inevitably look me up and down, as always, say, "daaaaaamn, girl. I don't know why that fool broke up with you," like always, and then insist that he can't hook up with me. nor can he hook me up with any of his friends. because it's "guy code" or some total bullshit.

so. faced with the choice. stay in. go out. hmmm.

roommate has just gone over to fitness center to get a few miles in. I jump in my car, shoot over, and skip inside. "hurry up!" I tell her. "we're going out!" she laughs at me. I tell her to hurry, because we have a date with rocky at connors, and we need to get ready quickly. she chuckles at me and asks how late I'm planning on being out. I lie and tell her not very. she says she'll think about it. I tell her to hurry. she says she'll think about it. I tell her, "hot. single. doctors." she calls me out and says, "I thought you said his friends weren't hot?" I tell her he may be with different friends. who are hot. and single. and doctors. I remind her how fun rocky is. I remind her that it's crazy nice outside. I tell her that we can wear our new eye makeup. I think I may have sealed the deal. we'll see.

I'm getting ready to go. if you read roommate's blog tomorrow and she has refused to go out with me, heckle her a bit, eh?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hot. single. doctors.

have fun!

Liv said...

I'd be sold on that line: Hot. Single. Doctors.

Maybe I'm just too obsessed with Grey's Anatomy, but... Yum.

brent d. said...

OMG I LOVE NEW EYE MAKEUP!!!

Hope you kids had fun!

Kimmi said...

How fun!!! Hope you had a great time, and a tiny hangover!

Brooke said...

I think Rocky has a boy crush. Just my opinion. Hope it was a fun night.

 
Site Meter