Tuesday, May 16, 2006

we are so in undergrad again.

roommate and I actually made a late night (well, for us 10:00 on a worknight is late) run to the grocery store, in our pajamas, to buy pita chips and ice cream. we were almost too lazy to go, but decided that if we didn't have to change out of our pajamas we would just suck it up and fulfill our cravings. so we are now full of garlic pita chips, hummus, and ice cream. what a great night. :)

tonight, we were also sitting around, listening to the new Snow Patrol album (which I am obsessed with, thanks to Brent) and we were discussing our life problems, drama, etc. I told her it was just like a real life episode of Grey's Anatomy. EXCEPT WE DON'T COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY SUCK, LIKE THE EPISODE DID LAST NIGHT. ok. sorry 'bout that rant. I even used the line, "you can't help who you fall in love with," to my roommate (I may or may not have had a conversation with my ex-boyfriend today, that may or may not have completely frustrated me, but whatever). She looked at me all deadpan and said, "oh puh-leeeeeze." We decided that we need to have an official "soundtrack" and name (like the crazychicas, or 203, or the academy). Anyone have any suggestions? by the way, right now I am totally invading her personal space by sprawling out on her bed. we're both tippy tapping away at our laptops, hanging out and just listening to good music. life is good. It's so just like we're in undergrad again...

at any rate, there was some running today. intervals.

1 m warmup
2x1200 (600 jog)
4x400 (200 jog)
4x200 (100 jog)
1 m cooldown

total of 6.5 miles. excellent. also worked out with coworker yesterday. 30 minutes of intense ellipticalling to let out our frustrations, and then back, bi's and tri's...

3x8 chin ups (70 for all except the last 4, dropped to 80 lbs)
3x8 dips (60, 60, 50 lbs)
3x8 lat pull downs (plate said 5)
3x8 tri push downs (plate said 3)
3x8 supinating grip bicep curls (20, 20, 15 lbs.)
3x8 seated rows (plate said 4)
weighted lower back extensions (10, 20, 20 lbs)
moderate ab work

so that was that. little bit sore today, but not doing any upper body until Friday so should be fine by then.

8 comments:

E-Speed said...

I need to start doing weights. I am such a wimp!

GaryGinew said...

Be careful what you say about the final episode of Grfey's Anatomy. It brought tears to my roommate's eyes.

(I agree that the cliffhanger ending was incredibly lame)

GaryGinew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

were you secretly in my crew at college? "late nate" ALWAYS consisted of pita and hummus...when we all get not poor we are supposed to go to our seller in DC and ship it cold across the country to our friends.

Brooke said...

Alright now. Talking about Grey's is fighting words. Except for Denni dying, which I hated, I loved the episode. The cliff hanger was pretty dumb, but at least their was some good panty action before that.

For your soundtrack, you have to add "How to Save a Life" by the Fray, the accoustic version of "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter, and "Somethings Gotta Give" by Leann Rimes.

Anonymous said...

Dude, seriously, quit talking to the ex. Unless I'm missing something, it never, ever leads to feeling good afterwards, right?

Just live a great life and let him regret missing out on being a part of it when he reads all about it on your blog.

Liv said...

Yup, sounds like a typical night of undergrad... except for 10pm is pretty early :)

Argh..... I thought Grey's was awful and wonderful... and wonderful because it was awful (as in, who wants to watch a show where everything is happy and perfect? "seriously".)... gaaah I hate season finales, they always leave you hanging like that.

Jess said...

Ahhh, it take sme back to "the days" of shuffling through the grocery store in pajamas with my roommate, ice cream snacks in stow. Must be a universal experience.

 
Site Meter