I'm going to get out and get a long run logged today. It's absolutely gorgeous outside, and I'm anxious to give the hot pink, leopard print running skirt some long run "cred" (as Angie called it). What does one wear with such a skirt though, you may be wondering... well. As I was searching through my drawers I pulled out this New Balance wicking t-shirt that I bought at tjmaxx a few years ago for like 4 dollars. I bought it because it was wicking material and cheap... didn't really realize that it had really oddly cut sleeves and thus looked really girly. I've never worn it running because it just looks wrong with all my running shorts. Not surprisingly, it looks perfect with this skirt. I put it on and roommate said, "seriously, you look like if you put on a pair of sandals you'd be ready to go out. i'm never running with you again. you look way too cute" ha! perfect. I'm so wearing the outfit today.
I'll quickly update my other workouts from the week. Was anyone else feeling absolutely blah this week? I felt incredibly crappy all week. I'm pretty sure it was the weather. Thursday it was a struggle to even get a run in, so when it came time to warm up and cool down, I skimped a little bit because I just wanted to get the run over with...
400 "warmup"
4 m @ 8.41 pace (hoping this is close to race pace for Dexter-Ann Arbor)
800 jog
1 m @ 8.13 pace (cruise interval pace - this was also Brent's mile that I ran for his bday!)
400 jog
2 m @ 8.41 pace
800 "cooldown"
I know that I need to do a better job of warming up and cooling down, but I was seriously considering just scrapping the run for the week, so run without an appropriate warmup and cooldown was the best I could do.
Friday coworker and I headed over at lunch time to get some lifting in. it was kind of funny, but as he was laying on one of the flat benches he said, "whenever I work out with my guy friends, they just want to stick to the machines, and then I lift with you, a girl, and you're all 'FREE WEIGHTS. RRRRRARRRRRR!'" it was really funnier when he said it to me.
anyways. here's what we did...
3x10 flat bench press (bar + 20, 30, 30 lbs)
3x10 cable push downs (60, 80, 80 lbs)
2x10 incline bench press (bar + 10, 20 lbs)
3x10 db presses (30, 30, 20 lbs)
3x10 flat bench db flyes (40, 40, 30 lbs)
my chest hurts today. big surprise.
roommate and I are opting out of tickets to tomorrow's game because we'd rather spend more money on later round tickets (assuming we win) and in the even that we lose, we won't want to be there anyways. good logic, right?
ok. shuffle is charged enough (I hope) so i'm out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
gotta have a pic of the entire outfit.
looking forward to the review. I wonder if Target has a cheap version of the skirt out yet? Maybe I'd try it...
Ha! My Thurs run seriously sucked ass, too. Actually most of my runs have the past two weeks.
Post a Comment