Wednesday, June 07, 2006

torture devices

no real soreness in my muscles during my 5 miles last night (9.17 pace) or during the 4 I did at an ungodly hour this morning (9.44 pace... i'm so slow in the mornings). which is good. yet, somehow, while i'm walking up the 4 flights of stairs to my office today, I'm feeling this intense burning in my quad muscles. 13.1 miles at 8.36/mile pace couldn't cause it. nor could the recovery runs done a couple of days later... but the incredibly high heeled sandals that I thought were such a great idea? (hey, they were 50% off. and super cute) soooo painful to walk up stairs in. ugh.

coworker and I did 40 minutes on the arctrainers at the gym tonight. I am amazed by the sororstitutes who refuse to do anything except get on the ellipticals. they will wait upwards of 20 minutes for them. NEWSFLASH! the arctrainers (which were completely empty) use pretty much the EXACT SAME MOTION as the elliptical machines. good grief.

flight out is tomorrow evening. as of just about this time, Momo and I will be landing in Newark. I have tomorrow off to finish packing and to get some chores done around here (and to get a run in, i'll admit it). good thing. I was antsy at work all day today, despite the fact that I had David Gray's "Life in Slow Motion" on repeat the entire day (sidenote: that album - and pretty much all his music - makes me want to be in love again. with someone new. it's a wonderful feeling). but right now I have to go figure out a makeup schema for the outfits i'm planning on bringing.

let the crazyness begin! don't worry, there will be pictures. :)

5 comments:

MplsJu said...

makeup! woot! Just had to make a comment about also being superexcited!!

Nic said...

Dude, I know I was a sorority girl, but I was NOT a Sororstitute. Those girls effing SUCK. :)

I'm not a fan of elipticals in general, though... If you can read when you're working out, you're probably not working out hard enough. (Suckers!)

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

BuckeyeRunner said...

Safe and fun travels!!

mg said...

Arc trainers are tough, though ... I can elliptical for an hour, but barely made it through 10 on the AT. Back when I was in school, the skanky girls all hogged the treadmills. The ellipticals were new so there wasn't ever a wait. Interesting how things have changed.

Have a fun trip!

 
Site Meter