Saturday, July 08, 2006

let the trash talking begin...

brother just said to me, "I can't believe football season is only like a month and a half away."

me neither, bro. me neither.

we then discussed the fact that he thinks the Colts are going to take it all the way this year (again) and that I think Carson Palmer is dreamy and will not allow that to happen. And then we started fighting about who the best QB in the league is (because i'm from Michigan, it's like a rule that I have to say Tom Brady, if I believe it or not). And Kitna is going to be playing for the Lions this year. does this mean they might actually be decent? is that even possible?

Let's not even discuss college football yet. because the last time I started talking about it with Sunshine, I started making these really excited, high pitched squeeking noises, and started jumping around the apartment. I eagerly await the day when my season tickets to the Big House arrive. My neighbor up here (an older, wealthy woman who has given enough money to the Victor's Club to get season tickets each year on the 50 yard line) and I were discussing the season with so much anticipation the other day that her son (a grown man) and my father were even amazed.

If I could just alter my training plan to make room for beer filled football afternoons, I think this fall will be just perfect.

6 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Football is AWESOME. Bring it on! One beer will not hurt, if you time it right.

Anonymous said...

I defintely think there is always room for football and training!

Triseverance said...

Two words for ya mouse....Brett Favre

Anonymous said...

I was just in this small resort town in Maine yesterday, and the captain of our lobster boat tour said Tom Brady (yay!) had been in a few weeks before...with his girlfriend (boo!). Made me want to start a certain favorite chant of mine... :)

Nic said...

well, just wake up a little earlier than normal on saturdays. get your run in by 11, and you'll have plenty of time to shower and down that first beer - i mean carbohydrate recovery beverage - before kick-off!

Jess said...

You could run in the morning on Sundays and then leave the afternoon to beer drinking -- then you know you earned them!

 
Site Meter