Wednesday, July 12, 2006

that's more like it.

I ran my scheduled 8 yesterday. on the treadmill. I checked weather.com shortly before leaving work because it was absolutely pouring here in Ann Arbor, and from the looks of the satellite image and the hourly forcast, it was supposed to storm for the rest of the night so I ran inside. it did start to storm (or just rain heavily) during my last two miles, so I guess I felt justified.

it was a surprisingly great run! I started out just over 9:00 pace and upped the speed every few miles, ending with an overall pace of 8:58/mile for the 7 and then did strides and some jogging for the last mile. I actually kind of enjoyed the strides for once! it's a miracle! I stopped focusing on all out sprinting and instead focused on running at a controlled fast pace, where I really paid attention to relaxing my upper body and stride. they were practically enjoyable for once. it was kind of a nice surprise. I felt great throughout the entire run, which made me really happy after Sunday's run. I actually think it was probably kind of good that I did it on the bouncy treadmill instead of on the concrete, to give my legs a bit of extra recovery.

7 comments:

walchka said...

A good run on a treadmill, you enjoying strides? What's in the water you've been drinking?

Triseverance said...

A dreadmill is still a dreadmill. But I agree the bouncyness and the lack of wind and hills can sometimes make for a nice smooth run, if you can stand the tedium of running on a rotating belt. But heck your a mouse.....maybe you should get one of those wheels....:)

Seriously though good running I enjoy your adventures.

Iron Jayhawk said...

Way to tackle the treadmill. I definitely don't have the mindset to do anything over 3.5 on those awful, horrid machines. :)

MNFirefly said...

Good job on the treadmill. Treadmill will be my friend this weekend since it will in 90's and near 100.. UGH!

JamieW said...

Bob's comment had me laughing. Great job getting the run in despite the weather.

Anonymous said...

sweet.

mg said...

Am I the only one that doesn't think treadmill = dreadmill? Good call on running on the 'mill instead of going outside to the heavy rain, that wouldn't have been fun. Glad you enjoyed the strides this time!

 
Site Meter