so yeah. sorry 'bout that. I've been pretty good about not letting the meltdowns drip over into blogland, because this is a running blog and not a grieving blog, but it's been at least a few weeks since i've had one so I guess I was due. usually I just go for a really long run and work though things in my head and then by the time i'm ready to write something things are all ok again. but yesterday was a rest day. so yeah. sorry.
next topic.
running this week has been pretty good. Monday I flat out rested again, and iced the ankle. it wasn't even sore by Monday, but I still iced to be sure it was ok. Tuesday I did 6 wonderful trail miles. I wore my active ankle brace for extra support (chances are if you played volleyball in high school or college you know what an active ankle is. they're big, clunky ankle braces) and everything felt good. Wednesday I headed out for a 12 miler. I was supposed to do 7 @ LT pace, but it just wasn't happening. my quads were really sore for some reason. It's strange because I didn't really notice it on Tuesday's run, but then again i'm usually distracted on trail runs. so I just aimed for getting a decent 12 in. 9:36 overall pace, and finished up just before it was getting dark. perfect timing. it's going to be hard to get these in once school starts next week. I have to seriously start managing my time better. Anyways, I assumed the quad soreness was probably still from the 10 miler, so maybe I wasn't as lazy as I thought I was on Saturday. :)
This week is supposed to be one of the peak milage weeks for me. That seems so crazy! Next weekend is Dances With Dirt and then the weekend after that is the trail marathon! I ordered new trail shoes that should be here just in time for me to get a run or two in them and decide whether I want to use them for the trail run. very excited!
But most exciting of all? Saturday MoMo and I will be in the Big House to see Michigan take on Vanderbilt. HOW EXCITED IS EVERYONE THAT FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE?!?
so excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
GO BLUE!
Dude, it your blog. Write whatever you feel needs writing.
Football? Oh, right, that sport I obsessed over last year and am now taking a year's hiatus from paying attention to (except for the Eagles). Is that starting soon?
ummm yea football, but Michigan...I say go Badgers. Anyway, grieve away....sorry you lost your mom. :(
TWO WORDS....Gophers and Michigan - HOMECOMING weekend..OUR tuff!! We want the jug!!!
Muck Fichigan. Go Spartys.
PS - Run yer ass off this weekend!
Pippin and I say:
GO VANDY!!!! WOO HOO!!!
Hop on the football bus with them and come down to TN! Pips would love it!
Post a Comment