Monday, October 02, 2006

overload

that's pretty much what i'm in right now. I am in, like, totally over my head, with stuff to do this week. I spent pretty much the entire day traveling back from Mpls because my connecting flight through Chicago was delayed for-freaking-ever (ok, for like 3.5 hours, but it SEEMED like forever). so now I am finishing writing a paper that's due tomorrow. ugh.

but can I just say that I had the BEST. WEEKEND. EVER?!? it was well worth the "in over my head" feeling that I have right now (which could actually be worse because I got a lot of the work I needed to get done for this week done last week).

I will recap the past four (!) weekends in more detail (I actually have over half the trail thon recap written, just haven't had time to finish it) hopefully this weekend?? we'll see. but I wanted to give a HUUUUUUGE shoutout to Walchka, who is absolutely and completely awesome and came out to spend time with our crazy (and perhaps drunk?!) asses on Saturday to tailgate and then came out for a bit after the game too. for those of you who don't know, he was like my #1 blogcrush and now he's pretty much cemented his fate as my future husband. it's all part of MplsJu's plan to get me to move to Minnesota.

AND. I even got to meet Walchka's roommate Shadoweyes which was also awesome because I fight with him a lot over the internet (don't ask). I'm pretty sure he hates me, but it was totally sweet to finally meet both of these guys.

ok. back to paper writing. super fun. woohoo!

4 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

Soooo...let me get this straight...

You got stuck in Chicago...home of the Jayhawk and the outta shape dude...

...and you didn't let us know? We could've rescued you from the airport for a bit!!

Hope the paper goes over well!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get caught up soon! I'm looking forward to your race report.

teacherwoman said...

Good luck with your paper! I have a couple abstracts and a field note to write before 4pm thursday...hmmm...

walchka said...

Yeah you'll have to move. I don't do the whole long distance thing...

 
Site Meter