this scared me at first, because they were making such a huge racket, but then I realized that they were friendly dogs and were pretty much not interested in me AT ALL. then it dawns on me. these are hunting dogs. they've got the little bright colored collars on and everything. and where there are hunting dogs there are certainly...
yeah. so here I am, running through trails open to hunting, and a bunch of hunting dogs come running down the path. which surely means there are hunters with deadly guns nearby. sweet. and i'm wearing a brown skirt. AWESOME. I started talking to the dogs in a REALLY loud voice, wondering nervously where their owner was (thinking my white hat was the furry white tail of a deer and aiming straight at me, no doubt). I heard the owner call for them, so I know he was a ways away, and then they headed off in the direction I had already come from, so I proceeded cautiously along the trail.
so yeah. that was the adventure yesterday. TOTALLY SWEET, right? I need to get me one of those bright orange hats so I don't end up looking like this:

btw... if you can guess who that is, and who shot that cute little deer, I'll give you... well, something.

9 comments:
OMG! Hello dangerous running! I'll stick to the city running...
You should be fine, not many people hunt for mouse.
My guess is that the guy in the photo is a deer hunter. Now...What do I win?!?! :-) Be careful out there.
Uhhhh....Chuck Norris??
Why would the trails be open to hunting?? That just doesn't sound safe!!!
OMG! It's too dangerous to run in the woods right now. Goose hunting still going on along deer hunting. Bring on the ORANGE!!
I have been hearing a lot of gun fire on my runs the last few weeks. But hope since I am on the road the hunters won't shot me.
Be careful!
My guess: your dad?
The same thing happened to me Saturday except I was on the trails on my mountain bike...and instead of dogs, 2 VERY ANGRY hunters with big weapons came out of the woods yelling at us because we were scaring off the deer!!!
Are we mouse hunting? Yeah, I wanna play. Ok, just joking. I'll send phog to keep you safe next time.
Post a Comment