Tuesday, January 23, 2007

ramble again

can't sleep. my sister just called. composed at first, then sobbing. she feels it too. I'm not alone after all. but it doesn't really make me feel any better. misery loves company? i'm calling bullshit. all I really want is for someone to curl up next to. to stroke my hair and tell me it will be ok.

it's funny, because our memories of this time are exactly the same. she recounted the exact same thoughts that I had on my drive to work this morning. the same that I had this afternoon as I sat at my desk and thought about it. it's as if the memories that were preserved in our minds are duplicate copies of the same image.

"I just wanted to tell you that I love you. because you never really know how much time you have with someone."

I love you too, sissy. and yes. she would be very proud of us.

4 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Oh Mouse, it is good that you are not alone in this. Keep opening up yourself. We will be there to listen.

E-Speed said...

has anyone told you lately how awesome you are? She would be very proud of you.

walchka said...

We are all proud of you!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Hang in there, Mouse.  I'm sure you're mom would be proud.

 
Site Meter