Wednesday, March 14, 2007

bad day karma

so yesterday and the day before were arguably pretty crappy days. just a lot going on, a lot of stress, and added external irritation from people who either don't care enough or care too much.

I was grumpy and irritated and looking at my calendar yesterday when the date struck me as familiar. for a second I couldn't remember why and then it occurred to me that Monday and yesterday compose the two day holiday that I affectionately refer to as "Mouse's Liberation Day". Otherwise known as the day that I was set free. While this date isn't quite as significant to me as it was last year because my ex and I are now on significantly better terms, it made me wonder if perhaps there's such a thing as bad day karma, where if something crappy happens to you on a certain day if that day can be tarnished in some way.

yeah, I know. it's a stupid idea. but I thought it was odd that the last two days have been so not good.

ON TO HAPPIER TIMES.

yesterday I got a significant amount of moving around done. was up early to swim and then got in a nice easy run after work, probably around 4 miles in one of the parks near my building. it was soooooo nice outside. and i got nice and muddy. :) that combined with the walking to and from the bus stops gave me a lot of activity for the day. which is excellent because I have so not been logging Active U minutes.

I chatted things up with Jujubee last night and then got a phone call from - of all people - the ex. it was confirmed that we are staying with him when our Dances With Dirt team goes down to run the Indiana version of the race (yay for free housing!) and he seemed genuinely excited that I will finally get to meet all of his friends. It's nice to be at a point where we can talk as friends again and things can be so easy between the two of us, but it does make me ask myself why again this all happened and we aren't together. but then I remember that he is in Indiana - land of all things desolate - and that such "togetherness" will pretty much not be possible ever. and i'm ok with that. greener pastures await me, I am more than positive.

I get to display my total awesomeness at noontime presentations today and tomorrow, which will be good warm ups for Sunday's conference, which I have been informed has been switched from being me presenting with a bunch of other people to mostly just me presenting double the content with someone else chiming in every once in a while. pure awesomeness, right?

3 comments:

Jess said...

Don't you just love it when conference/presentation particulars are switched around in that manner. Awesome.

(I hope the sarcasm could be felt.)

MNFirefly said...

Karma really does work when it goes in your favor. Good luck tommorow.

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Pure awesomeness.

I hope your presentations went well.

 
Site Meter