jujubee and I are both safely back from our week in New Orleans. and honestly? it's goood to be home. sleeping in my own bed. for more than 3.5 consecutive hours at a time.
the week, in general, was absolutely awesome. jules and I both noted yesterday that it was one of the best vacations we've both had, and that was largely due to brando and his crew of friends, who showed us an absolute kickass time. the times that brando was on call or had to head home early due to work the next day, his friends were happy to pick up the slack and to take us around to the local joints. sometimes until 4 a.m.
honestly, i don't know how people who are college aged survive in that town. I felt like I was on a week long bender and it just about killed me. I have a wicked cold right now and I slept for literally almost the entire day yesterday. but man was it worth it. seriously, though... a city where the bars don't close, open intox is totally ok, you never get carded, etc. it's like a young adult's dream come true!
all and all, the week was everything I expected it to be. we had great food. we hung with great friends. listened to live music. drank seemingly free flowing alcohol. turned down many, many an illegal substance. saw our fair share of unshirted women. were seduced by the locals.
we saw great architecture. were introduced to new cultures. witnessed breathtaking devastation. saw new life in the city. and we witnessed a will and determination in the citizens that makes you wonder if you could be so strong had the same happened to you.
and we enjoyed and appreciated every minute of it. thanks, New Orleans, for showing us a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Geez, we did all that? Why don't I remember more of it? ;)
For real, nicely worded, Mouse. You should definitely be the one to write a thank-you from the two of us, because you are much, much more eloquent than I.
Glad that had great time.
new orleans really is a fabulous city. and it sounds like you experienced that first hand!
It's fun to travel, but is always aweseom to be home. Glad you had a fun trip.
Sounds like a great trip. Welcome back...
I love N.O. Glad to have you back though.
way fun! must say i'm slightly jealous!
Post a Comment