Monday, April 16, 2007

what. a. weekend!

wow. what a crazy weekend! I don't think i've ever had two days fly by quite so quickly. I was sad to see this morning come, but we had a great time so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Friday evening Dice was delayed getting in so by the time we got back to Ann Arbor from the airport and headed over to Cottage Inn (the original restaurant, not one of the satellite pizza places, for those in the "know") and grabbed some food we were both pretty exhausted so we headed back and settled in for the evening. I talk a lot, so that filled up most of the evening.

Saturday morning came waaaaaaaay too early because I had set an alarm for 7:45 so we could get our butts out the door to go trail running on the Poto. Josh had his first trail running experience and you'll have to ask him what he thought about it, but I believe the reviews were good. We only did a 5 mile loop but since I have been a bad runner lately I was still sore the next day. It also doesn't help that I enjoy walking up some of the hills when I do that trail alone and on Saturday we ran up all but one of them. he makes me a better runner, I guess. and that one we walked up was only because Dice asked me a question halfway up and by that point I had no energy to talk and run up a huge freaking hill at the same time.

after heading back and showering up we headed out to the last Michigan spring football practice at the Big House. I was super excited to show dice the Big House, but many of our players are injured right now so watching the actual practice kind of sucked. we departed to head over to Zingerman's for lunch after a bit and had the best sandwiches and side dishes EVER, which caused us to be in food coma the rest of the afternoon. which, by the way, was spent walking ALLLLLLLLL around campus. He got to see the 203 (RULZ!), all the buildings I have classes in and all the "legendary" places on campus. it was a good time.

After a short nap, friends began arriving for the evening's festivities. MoMo and friend Suzanne showed up, followed closely by Dice's friend Mike (who happens to live in Lansing now) and his girlfriend Shannon. We headed out to Pizza House to meet up with my friends Jenn and Nat and had a great meal before heading over to the Cavern Club to see some Killer Flamingo action.

I spotted Tough Cookie at the Cavern Club and introduced her to Dice and it struck me as odd again how most of the running bloggers I meet are just genuinely really great people, people I would be (and am) friends with in real life, too. Everyone got along fabulously the entire evening, and we even had a guest appearance from my High School friend Zoom, which I was a little nervous about because he is good friends with my Ex as well. Luckily, nothing stupid was said. :)

as the Killer Flamingos were playing their second set - I believe it was around the time when they started busting out with R. Kelly's Ignition - MoMo asked me to put her glass on the floor off to the side of the dance floor. The place was shoulder-to-shoulder packed by then, and to be honest, I had had a few so I didn't really recognize the fact that I was so close to the stair railing. as I turned around and bent down to put her glass on the floor I slammed my eye socket against the stair railing, resulting in some unfortunate swelling and coloring of the eye the next day. Really, not all that exciting of a story.

A story that is much MORE exciting? remember how I said my sister was trying to set me up with a man named dragon? yeah. he was at the club on saturday. and he is noticeable because he is like 8 feet tall. so when I turned to Mo and told her to ask that tall man if his name was dragon and he said it was... well, I wasn't surprised. My sister's friend was there with him and explained that I was the girl they were trying to set me up with. luckily I had Dice to hide behind so the man didn't try to start dancing with me or hitting on me or something.

oh, and Mo made out with a really hot man. that's all i'm gonna say about that. :)

Sunday we grabbed donuts and coffee at Zingerman's and chilled out for a bit before getting ready to head down to Monroe. My dad wasn't feeling very well so he opted out of having lunch with us to spare us the possibility of catching the bug that he had so we had lunch with my sister and the rugrat instead. Dice now is fully aware of the reason why I call him "the rugrat". since we were out that way we swung by the cemetery quickly to see my mom and then we headed to a park to meet up briefly with my dad in an open air environment so he wouldn't be coughing all over us. he brought us cheesecake. it was good. and again, everyone got along well. not that I was all that worried. How much damage could he do in like, 15 minutes? :)

we then rushed up to the Palace because we had PISTONS TICKETS for that evening. unfortunately I was very, very sleepy by the time we got to the game so I wasn't my usual obnoxious self, but it was still a good time. I even got a Rasheed Wallace jersey because the Palace Locker Room was having a sale. woohoo!

when we got back to Ann Arbor we went to go pick up some take-out but as we walked by Good Time Charley's I noticed that it was OPEN! so we went inside and had styx mix and shady ladies (I refuse to call it by its new name, the Sally Jessie). Charley's is one of the places that the girls and I used to go to while in college, and it's where we all celebrated our 21st birthdays, so I was happy to be able to share that with Dice.

To round out the weekend we returned to my place and flipped through old photo albums. Dice got to see how I was the CUTEST! BABY! EVER! and also got to see some of the unfortunate phases I went through as a youngster. he even got to see the photo that I do not show ANYONE. and he has promised to keep his mouth shut about it, but let me tell you... his reaction when he saw it was rather humorous.

the morning came too quickly and I dropped him off at the airport. luckily we were too rushed to say a "proper" goodbye, which I think he was thankful for because last time we parted - and I hesitate to admit this to you all, but whatever - I started crying a bit because... well, I get emotional when I have to say goodbye to people I really like, and I kind of really like this man (I know, I know, I'll stop saying it so you all can stop having the sudden urge to vomit).

so yeah. his plane landed half an hour ago and he should be arriving to work any time now so I guess i'll hit publish on this, and let him fill in any details that I may have missed.

but seriously? what a great weekend.

6 comments:

skitzo said...

I'm glad you showed him the cc hangouts!!! and our old house... Now dont forget - no more hanging out until I meet and approve:)

Iron Jayhawk said...

That's better than super awesome.

Josh Dysart said...

It really was a great weeekend. Nice recap. You covered it all. And for the record, I'd have totally kicked Dragon's ass. Actually, I'd have probably only been able to kick his shins, but like you said, he was tall.

Alison said...

Charley's is open? Since when? I thought it was gone forever! It was great to see you again and meet the famous Dice. Hopefully he's saying the same thing about me ("it was great to finally meet the world-famous tough cookie.")

Jess said...

Glad it was so awesome!

MNFirefly said...

Mouse, sounds like an awesome weekend.

 
Site Meter