Tuesday, May 15, 2007

we are the bowling champions of the world!

so, I emailed sissy on Friday, asking if she wanted to get together on Sunday (something about her being a mother and that being significant? I just wanted an excuse to go get beer). She replies asking if I want to be her date to the company sponsored bowl-a-thon that night. since I am lame and had no plans on a Friday night, I said, "SURE!"

we wander into the bar at the bowling alley where her colleagues are chomping down on pizza and drinking pop. I immediately order us a pitcher of beer and it comes with flimsy plastic cups. I wonder out loud if we are at an undergraduate frat party, but happily drink my beer anyways.

we eventually are beckoned out to the alleys because we are paired up with two other women and they are anxious to start bowling. because they are in a league, and own their own bowling balls and shoes, and basically look at us like we are scum. I comment that perhaps little miss "I bowl in a league" should invest less in her new bowling shoes and invest more in getting her bleach blonde roots touched up. because I am a catty bitch like that and don't take bowling all that seriously. especially after a pitcher of beer.

we order more beer. I am not bowling terribly until this second pitcher, mind you, and we proceed to get totally crushed by "blondes in a bowling league". i'm fine with this, because i'm concentrating more on making sure I get the words to the B-52's "Love Shack" correct as I sing along with the loudspeaker at the top of my lungs.

turns out, we and the blondes were the top 4 bowlers that night so we get a SUPER AWESOME company t-shirt. because i'm not, like, throwing shit out left and right or anything. I TOTALLY CAN USE ANOTHER T-SHIRT!

the best part is that after we finished bowling we went back to the bar where people kept buying us beer. YAY FOR FREE BEER. and. there was karaoke. sissy and I sang "Pour Some Sugar On Me," and the reviews were smashing. sissy fowarded me an email thread yesterday where a bunch of people from her company were talking about how "Amy and her sister totally rocked the house". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

pure awesomeness, people.

1 comment:

Josh Dysart said...

Hrm. Maybe we need to go karaoke when you come to visit.

 
Site Meter