Tuesday, July 17, 2007

and so it begins.

you know what's awesome? running without any heel pain. total sweetness. evidently, paying attention to the little naggings that my body gives me and stretching, icing, and aleve-ing really is important.

7 tonight, to kick things off. yes, yes... I was technically supposed to go 8. but it was 8 with strides and I'm not pressing my luck by doing strides just yet. plus, i'm going to scale down the mileage just a tad anyways so this puts me right where I want to be.

it was muggier than anything out there. and i'm pretty sure a bum purposely stuck his foot out to try to trip me. but they're done, and I actually felt pretty darn good. i'm icing my feet and am about to take some aleve before I go to bed as a precautionary measure, but otherwise the feet feel just fine. I can tell that there's still a little tightness, and i'll probably have to stretch out tomorrow morning (as i've become used to doing) but i'm pretty encouraged that as long as I am diligent about taking care of myself I should be just fine. hoo-to-the-mutha-f'n-ray, I say.

bring it, yos! less than 12 weeks to go!

(and, for the record, i'm glad he didn't stop blogging, too!)

6 comments:

Josh Dysart said...

YAY! You ran without heel pain! That's great news.

And a bum tried to trip you? Doesn't he have something better to do with his time? Wait. No. He doesn't.

L*I*S*A said...

Yes, bring it indeed. Glad the pain has subsided.

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the run. And way to take care of your symptoms.

E-Speed said...

I had a dream about your cabin last night but you weren't there. It was weird! Hope that heel stays feeling good!

Jess said...

Ack! 12 weeks?! Already?

teacherwoman said...

It's hard to do anything in that muggy weather!!

12 weeks, huh! that is right around the corner!

 
Site Meter