now, ONWARD!
today is my dad's birthday! he turns 58. here he is being buff and tan, as KTG would say:

(please excuse how horrible I look, it was pretty much the day we found out my mother's cancer had progressed)
This was a few years ago, prior to my mom passing away, so he has quite a few more wrinkles these days. speaking of, he has the most expressive wrinkles. his crows feet always crinkle up in the most delightful way whenever he smiles, which is quite often. and besides those he has in his mustache, he hardly has any grey hairs on his head. it drove my mom insane, because she went grey quite early. anyways, I don't think the old man's doing too poorly. he was in canada this morning for work and he laughed when I called him and told me he picked the WORST day to go up there because he wasn't thinking how he'd get bunches of phone calls and have to pay for roaming on all of them. he had already gotten 3 calls by 8 a.m. HA!
anyways, so happy birthday, pops!
in other news, the Swedish invasion is happening tomorrow. See, there was a foreign exchange student who ran cross country with MoMo, KTG, and I in high school. She and KTG were seniors when MoMo and I were in high school. I haven't seen her in like, 10 years, but she and her boyfriend are in the States for a conference and to visit, so they are flying in tomorrow to Chicago and will be staying for the weekend! i'm so excited!
There is literally SOOOOOO much to catch up with her on (I hadn't even told her that my mom had passed until a few weeks ago) so it's going to be a blast. KTG and I have all sorts of stuff planned, and much of it involves the weather cooperating so I hope it stops storming and stops being hotter than the sun here pretty darn quickly.
So lots happening around these parts this week.
in other news, there are only like, 24 more days until the Michigan football season kicks off. and if this isn't something to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! about, I don't know what is...

7 comments:
Hope your Dad has a Happy Birthday.
GO BLUE
Happy Birthday, Mouse's dad!
I hope the move today was smooth (and before the RAIN!).
Sweet, sweet photo. Happy birthday to your dad!
Tell your dad "happy birthday"!
I'd EEEEEEEEEEE about that number 15, how cute is he??
Happy Birthday to your dad.
Happy birthday wishes to your dad. I think the upcoming Michigan football season is definitely something to EEEEEEEEEEEE about!
Post a Comment