Wednesday, August 15, 2007

killing time

i'm sitting here at work - half an hour after i've been done with everything and have been ready to go home - waiting to hear from dice regarding where I am supposed to be. He was supposed to call me and let me know prior to starting his interview, but he - being a man - must have forgotten or something because I'm sitting here kind of clueless as to what i'm supposed to be doing (which is really not that unusual, is it?).

tomorrow brings my first "real" presentation here at work, and it pretty much covers a system that I am newly familiar with, since I just got here two months ago and all. no worries though, I feel pretty solid with what i'm supposed to be doing. we'll see how it goes. after all the presentations are over they're serving wine and cheese and who can beat that, right? right.

the great benefit to having dice here is that we motivate each other to actually get out and run. yesterday it was kinda warm and humid and we both weren't really feeling it (also not a surprise) but we convinced each other that it would be good for us to get out and get a run in. so we did 5 nice and easy and planned the run so that we could finish at the end of the Fullerton beach, where we proceeded to take our shoes, socks, and shirts off and go play in the water. I'm glad it was totally dark by that time because let's just remind everyone that swimming in a white sports bra, in public, is generally a bad idea. We walked back to my place and totally crashed for the evening. it was pretty much a great night.

oh. did I mention that he's been making dinner for me? well, not necessarily making dinner, but prepping it at least so that I have very little to do when I get home. the chicken was already cooked and the zucchini chopped last night so all I had to do was throw on some couscous and cook the zuccs and we had a great dinner ready. I could totally get used to this.

ok. supposedly I was texted earlier and I'm supposed to be downtown RIGHT NOW. so yeah. I see no text, so I'm skeptical. hrm. at any rate, i need to go.

mouse out.

5 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

What's not to love about a prep cook at your beck and call. Good stuff.

Brooke said...

awww, cohabitation bliss. Enjoy it.

E-Speed said...

glad living with the boy toy is going so well, I couldn't be happier for you guys.

teacherwoman said...

Hmmm... men.

MNFirefly said...

A guy who cooks is AWESOME!

 
Site Meter