at any rate. my little heart is about bursting from all the season previews and press coverage that has been going on about the boys. it's pretty much my favorite time of the year, so I am just beside myself with glee. I can't WAIT for next Saturday.
what on earth is the DEAL with the torrential downpours that have been hitting this city this week? it rained pretty much all last weekend, and yesterday it was totally horrible. Downed trees and floods like crazy.
so wrapping up the last week...
on thursday I had a marathon day of presenting at an event that our office was hosting here on campus and then rushing down to celebrate OOSG's graduation with the gang. we had an absolutely fabulous night socializing with Jayhawk's parents, who are ridiculously wonderful people. imagine all the quirkiness, funness (totally not a word, I know), cheerfulness, and wiseness that the Jayhawk embodies (yes, she is quite wise, if you all didn't know that yet. she's given me sound advice on NUMEROUS occassions), multiply it by like, a gazillion or something, and then divide it up between two adults. yeah. that's her parents. totally fabulous folks.
last weekend we sat around. all weekend. seriously. did. absolutely. nothing.
ok, that's not totally true. I went and took a gander at the air show for a while because that sound all you Chicagoans were hearing? it wasn't just some pretty freaking sweet aircraft. that was the sound of hundreds of brilliant minds collaborating in an effort to defeat gravity. maybe i'm biased, but aircraft the likes of what were flying over our skies last weekend are pretty much the coolest marvels of engineering if you ask me (well, besides spacecraft. but whatever).
then I made a casserole that was pretty freaking awesome. and then, in lieu of running on Sunday as we had planned (because it was downpouring) I opted to bake cookies. mmm... kitchenaid mixer...
so yeah, that meant no long run for us last weekend which pretty much cemented my position that I am COMPLETELY unqualified to run this marathon, and thus I am bowing out graciously. and once I made that decision on Sunday, i was so freaking happy. because this means I can watch football ALL WEEKEND, EVERY WEEKEND this fall and not feel bad about not being out running. it's like, the greatest feeling ever.
actually, there are other factors besides football that contribute to this decision, like how we're going to kansas next weekend or how i'm going home for Dances with Dirt the weekend after and how the girls are coming a few weekends after that. and yes, I could fit my runs in. but I just don't really want to. I'm not going to do well, and anything worth running is worth running well in my mind, so I'd rather just be a great spectator and not hate myself an hour into the damn thing. this marathon will be here next year.
and, well... there's kind of another reason too. i've been holding out on y'all. I have a new love in my life. and she's oh, oh so beautiful. and i'd kind of really like to spend bunches of time with her this fall, before it gets too cold and slippery to spend time with her during the winter.
isn't she just gorgeous? I recently recovered a rather large lump of money that had been missing from my bank account, and I immediately put it in a spot tucked away for this baby. I am so excited to ride her this weekend!
I have an idea for a name, but anyone got any suggestions?

6 comments:
when jason and i bowed out of the spring marathon we had been planning it was the best feeling ever....what.....playoff football...not running in zero degrees...i was totally all for it.
nice bike...very exciting.
I completely understand your decision to bow out of the race. I did the exact same thing when I opted to not run the Flying Pig last May. It's all good.
As for that sexy new bike, it's definitely a keeper! She looks like a Lola to me.
Yay for football but I'm a pro fan not college.
enjoy your new wheels
SWEET Bike. I bet you can get some major air in that thing.
;)
Have a blast with your weekends... you mde the right decision!
I am volunteering at DWD this year, my first time even watching it.
Good luck!
Nice bike, Mouse! She's PURRRRTYYYY!
Oooooh...she's even more beautiful than she was in the magazine. :)
We'll have to do a group ride sometime soon!
Post a Comment