I am like, the most terribly disorganized person ever when it comes to certain things. like, for instance, my google reader account. it's a huge hodge-podge of various blogs: friends' blogs, running blogs, technology blogs, women in academia blogs, michigan football blogs, and on and on and on. So when I open my reader account it's just a big huge explosion of blogs saying "LOOK AT ME! YOU HAVEN'T READ 59 OF MY POSTS!"
awesome.
so I did some fall cleaning. clicked on pretty much every single blog in my reader account and decided yay or nay, deleted the nays, and grouped them according to subject. it made me kind of sad because some of the old bloggers just aren't around anymore (remember that brent d. character over at 150mgofhappiness? what ever happened to him?!) but then I remembered that I tend to only blog when i'm bored or when my mind is numb so i'll forgo the whole pot/kettle argument.
it makes me happy to see that now, instead of having a bunch of blogs yelling at me that they haven't been read, I can just close up the little folder and have one thing telling me that. I love making life simpler.
Does this mean i'll actually read half the shit in that folder? hell no. but at least it's organized!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
A lot of bloggers have come and gone over the past few years. Some I was sad to see disappear and some I hardly remember.
It's all good. There are times in life when one has to purge. It's a great feeling, isn't it?
Post a Comment