This afternoon dice and I are heading off to my aunt's for thanksgiving. One of my brothers is choosing not to attend, but otherwise the whole family will be there. I'll get to see baby lauren and the rugrat and aunts, uncles, and cousins galore. I'm thankful that my aunt is hosting and that I don't have to deal with the inevitable panic that arises whenever I have to deal with the stress of making the meal, dealing with my family, and realizing that my mom isn't there to help. Last year I was pretty much a basketcase at this point in time.
Dice is slightly freaking out about meeting my extended family. Originally, I had thought we would be doing thanksgiving with my siblings and my dad, and that's it. He hadn't exactly signed on to be present at a family reunion. I've told him multiple times that he needn't freak out... my family is a lot of things, but intimidating isn't really on that list.
I've already bought, wrapped, and packed early Christmas gifts for Lauren and the rugrat. speaking of... last nice dice and I wandered into a small gift shop just down the block from him. I've always walked by and thought I should stop in but didn't. I'm so glad we did. The store was incredibly adorable, and the owner and the clerk gave me great suggestions for a perfect gift for baby Lauren. Needless to say my shopping for her is complete. I love getting totally unique and wonderful gifts for people. Not something that they necessarily would have asked for, but something they can cherish for years, and I think that's exactly what I've found for her. Now I just have to find gifts like that for everyone else!
here's hoping that everyone has a blessed thanksgiving.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
and you too, mouse. have a great holiday.
Happy Thanksgiving, Mouse!
Tell Dice to relax. Everything will work and just be himself.
Post a Comment