back to regularly scheduled talk of running, which has ceased for like, AGES. good grief. not that running hasn't been happening, it's just been sporadic and un-noteworthy, so there's really no point in writing about it.
so after a lack of real "training" for the past... oh, like, YEAR or something, I'm finally back on the horse again. Dice and I have found a nice, easy-to-adapt-to plan. it's so not intimidating, and it doesn't matter that we both run super duper slow, and it's pretty much the greatest thing ever.
The weekly runs are short, so we've been taking the opportunity to explore the neighborhood rather than hit the lakefront path or the park paths. we've found about 180000000 little places that we want to try. it's insane how much there is to do, and that's just in our neighborhood. We were out with some friends a few weeks ago and someone asked what was our favorite place that we've tried outside of our neighborhood. We joked that we didn't need to go outside of our neighborhood... there's way too much to do within a 1.5 mile radius. [although, we do often go out downtown if i'm working from the downtown campus]
The midweek runs have been fun and successful so far, so let's hope that they continue in that manner so that we don't get frustrated with the idea of having to go run after a long day at work. hopefully the culmination of all this "easy," "fun" running will be something exciting come spring.
speaking of work... I've got a draft that needs to go out.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeahhhhh!
We pretty much kick ass. And everyone reading this ... believe her. There's no need to leave Lincoln Park. Zero.
I don't know what neighborhood you live in, but when I was in Chicago, it was easy to see that each neighborhood is distinctive, with so much shopping and food. I can see how you wouldn't need to venture away from it.
Good job on the return to running!
Post a Comment