Friday, February 15, 2008

best. valentines gift. ever.

last night dice and I celebrated our first valentine's day together, and let me just tell you... this boy puts me to shame in the categories of "thoughtful" and "meaningful gifts." forget flowers. FLOWERS ON VALENTINES DAY ARE LAAAAAME. and chocolates? TOTALLY OVER THEM.

I bought him a pair of shoes he had been oogling every time we walked by the New Balance store, and he MADE ME A BOOK. seriously. it's ridiculous. and by "ridiculous," I mean "awesome."

he basically took the photos from the past year or so that we've been dating and compiled them into a book and he went through and accompanied each page of photos with the relevant text from our blogs that talks about the weekends and trips that we spent together. So photos from us in Atlanta, for example, also have the recap that we wrote about the trip. it's seriously awesome. We've always joked about how it's funny that we have kind of a written record of the beginning of our relationship, with all the IMs and blog posts that we have saved, and he put the words together with the pictures in such a cute way. It's really just such a thoughtful thing for him to do.

So now I have this cute, bound, professionally printed book of "Mouse and Dice's first year together". it's so adorable I almost want to puke.

I AM SO PUTTING IT ON MY COFFEE TABLE AND MAKING EVERYONE WHO COMES OVER LOOK AT IT!

We also had a wonderful dinner out at a great italian place that is new to us, and were in bed sleeping by 10, which is pretty much my idea of a perfect night. add to that a later morning than usual because it was rest morning (we're going to the pool to do drills tonight) and it was pretty much the best valentine's day ever. thank you for spending the last year with me, boy. I hope there are many more books in our future.

6 comments:

Josh Dysart said...

I like the part when Dice has his birthday. And the part where mouse and dice go up North. And the part where they go to ATL. They're my favorites.

Rae said...

Awwww! So sweet! It sounds like some good VD.

E-Speed said...

have I mentioned I am so happy for you? You guys are too cute and I am so glad you found someone who treats you right and values you.

MNFirefly said...

That's an awesome gift, Mouse! How unique and original!

Brooke said...

That is awesome. He sonds like a keeper.
I bought my hubby shoes too, it's okay.

L*I*S*A said...

I'm on my way over to check out your book. Leave it on the coffee table.

Seriously, Dice, you really hit the jackpot with that one.

 
Site Meter