Monday, February 11, 2008

I be up in the gym just workin on my fitness

he forgot to mention that we were totally listening to fergie last night, too. He has an obsession with the song "big girls don't cry" or something, because he gets really excited when it comes on.

so yeah. this morning, 4:45 came really early. after snoozing for a bit longer than necessary I was up and about and heading up to the gym with dice. we got in an awesome chest and shoulder workout, although I had to coerce him to do cable flyes with me and he was all, "I like dumbells better." FINE. BE THAT WAY. WHEN YOUR GIRLFRIEND'S STRONGER THAN YOU YOU'LL BE SORRY. (just kidding. he's much stronger than I am, for the record.)

but the happy news is that I am up to bench pressing 75 lbs. (i'm a monster, I tell you) and that I can do military presses with 20 lb weights. I have NEVER, EVER been able to do sets of these with 20 lb weights, even back when I was lifting a lot. so i'm super duper excited. I'm thinking it's probably the incline bench presses that we've been doing that have increased my shoulder strength, so I guess I can't be too irritated at them when I lift so little weight doing those. I love feeling like I (kinda) have muscles again.

then I swam, which is TOTALLY AWESOME after lifting shoulders really heavy, let me tell you. I felt like I couldn't even lift my arms out of the water. It took me about half a mile before I finally felt like I was gliding through the water instead of hacking my way through it with a machete made from arms. ERG! but once I finally started feeling the rhythm it was great! until some old asian lady decided to come share a lane with me.

have I not talked about them? because they are awesome. There is a group of elderly asian women who come into the pool between 6:45 and 7:00 EVERY SINGLE WEEKDAY MORNING. do they swim? no. they have like, social time or something. and they TAKE OVER THE POOL. literally every single lane, they will take up. and what do they do? they WALK UP AND DOWN THE LANES. sometimes they just hang out in the corners of the pool (isn't that what the whirlpool is for?). and other times... other times they HOLD HANDS AND SKIP UP AND DOWN THE LANES. I am so not even making this up.

so this morning there is an old lady walking up and down the lane next to me, and I'm 3/4 of the way through my swim so I'm just focusing on getting that last 1/4 mile done and enjoying the gliding gliding gliding through the water when I realize there's someone else in my lane. and she's an old asian lady. and she's walking up and down the lane. CAN'T SHE SHARE WITH THE OTHER LADY WHO'S WALKING UP AND DOWN THE LANES? good grief! by the time I got out there were only four people using the pool, but the woman WAS STILL HANGING OUT IN MY LANE. I have no idea what is wrong with people. I guess I should have kicked her or something when I went by. ERG!

anyways. other than that it was a great swim. I'm glad I got past the arms/shoulders made of lead, because that could have been miserable.

enough with the ranting, but just a quick moment to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA DICE! I'd sing her the "it's yo birf-day" song, but I feel like there's a generational gap and perhaps she might not find R Kelly's lyrical stylings to be as awesome as I do. so I will just settle for the traditional greeting. :)

5 comments:

Josh Dysart said...

Arrrrgh! Now that lame song is going to be stuck in my head. Booo.
And I think I've changed my tune on the cable flies. While they may be different from dumbbells, it gives a nice variety. Time to be badasses now at those too I suppose, eh?

Brooke said...

Good for you for finishing, I would've probably kicked her and then made a bee line out of there.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday greetings! You are a sweetie! Mama Dice

MNFirefly said...

You are SO awesome at getting your ass up at the crack of damn. You guys ROCK!

L*I*S*A said...

Grrr, I'd be so pissed at those women carrying on in MY swim lane. I'd probably just swim right into her...tee hee...

 
Site Meter