Friday, February 01, 2008

SNOW DAY! kind of...

this morning I schlepped my way through the snow to my bus stop and stood there a good 40 minutes before dice called me to tell me that the road up by him was completely blocked. Evidently a southbound 151 got stuck and then a southbound 134 (?) tried to pass him and got stuck, so all traffic going in both directions was pretty much screwed. My bus needs to pass that area going northbound, so even IF IT EVER CAME, i'd not be able to get through so I thought it a good idea to warn the boss that I should be in by... oh, noon or so.

She told me just to go work downtown. awesome. Until I realized all the busses going downtown were uber packed. also awesome.

I finally got a bus and got to work about an hour and a half late, which is always fun, only to find that our offices were locked up tight. evidently word came from the provost to not even bother coming in, we just hadn't checked our emails and received that message.

so i'm working here this morning and then heading home to beat the evening rush. total sweetness.

in other news, I got like 9.5 hours of sleep last night because I was totally awesome and turned off the alarm when it went off at 4:55 this morning. I still have one more run to get in during the week, and then a longer run this weekend, so I was hoping to get the shorter run done this morning. SO DIDN'T HAPPEN. I have been exhausted since I got back from Texas. but whatever, at least now I have all afternoon to go pounce around in the snow.

the good news is that I get to have lunch with dice before I go. most excellent. and then maaaaaybe a swim in this evening even. woooo!

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Wow! You had an awesome day. Thank goodness I did not take the CTA yesterday and used a taxi to get to work. What a damn mess!

 
Site Meter