that's an ode to the whataburger commercials that are constantly played throughout almost every KU game, and to Dice's friend who told me that he would drive to Arkansas just to make a whataburger stop. HA!
The weekend has pretty much just flown by. We opted on Friday to ditch the trip to the pool that we had planned and to make it a full out rest day since we haven't taken one in a full two weeks. skipping the pool = me falling asleep on the couch by 9, which leads to early morning wakeup calls for Dice. good times.
So we were out running bright and early yesterday and hammered through our 9 with just about no problem save for the wheezy asthma that came upon me in the last mile and the copious amounts of people doing the "group running" thing. I *hate* group runners. seriously, seriously hate them. and I know a lot of people out there are all for it, but it just annoys the shit out of me when a group of 18 people goes to pass me and TWO OF THEM FEEL THE NEED TO FUCKING THROW ELBOWS AT ME. and no, I am NOT going to move further over to the edge of the path, effectively pushing my running partner onto a big fucking ice patch SO YOU CAN HAVE THE LUXURY OF RUNNING THREE ABREAST WHILE TRYING TO PASS ME. assholes. seriously.
after our run we prepared to head out to meet some of Dice's friends to watch the KU game at a local KU bar. goooooood times. enter pints 1, 2, and 3. and $.25 chicken wings. mmmm. after fighting with the waitstaff regarding the price of the beerz, we headed home and koonked out for about a 3 hour nap.
we woke up from our nap and got ahold of a couple that was having a gathering in the evening. The wife of one of Dice's friends from college works at the same institution where I work, and recently found a new position in the corporate arena. They were gathering people for the evening to celebrate her new job, so we met up with them at a bar that is literally 3 doors down from Dice's apartment. it was like, the greatest thing ever. until midnight came and it started getting busy and they closed the patio and we were forced to go inside. yeah, the guys ended up just heading back to dice's place to drink more beers and to play some wii. WIIIIIIIIII!
a few too many beers were had yesterday. let's just say that.
This morning we trekked to the gym to get in an awesome leg workout and some cardio. Holy hamstring muscles! We deviated from the standard lunges that we usually do and mixed it up with some good mornings, hack squats, some presses, and even some free form squats. They are SO much more difficult than smith machine squats, it's crazy! I have a feeling our legs are going to be hurting quite a bit tomorrow.
I spent the majority of the evening tweaking some edits on the manuscript that we're completing. thank God we're almost done with this sucker. i'm SO ready for the writing to be over.
dice is watching knight rider or something. he gets the entire day off tomorrow. I pretty much hate him.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
whataweekend.
Labels:
boy,
friends,
gym,
I swear I do run,
mmm... beer,
people are annoying,
weights
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I would not tolerate that elbowing on the trail. Not cool at all.
Post a Comment