oh. yeah. that's right, some basketball tournament or something. how could I forget when dice was JUMPING UP AND DOWN AND EEEEEEEEE-ING this morning like a teenage girl going to a Justin Timberlake concert. it was ridiculously cute, and gave me some insight as to how ridiculous I look during football season. :)
since there are games, games, and more games this afternoon and evening, we got up and got our 4 mile run in this morning. It would have been a pretty awesome run as we got to watch the sun rise over the lake and the temps were fairly mild, but we were still a bit stiff from getting 7 miles in last night so we are all creaky and groggy and all that so it was kind of a slow, blah run. The good news is that last night's run and the 3 we did on Tuesday were absolutely awesome... just felt really effortless, so that's pretty sweet.
Yesterday morning was another swim morning. Most of the lanes were empty, which was really surprising. but hey, I'll take it. So I got 1650 m in before quickly showering and then heading out to lift. I am loving the alternating grip on deadlifts! Yesterday I did my last set at 135 lbs and felt pretty decent through the whole set. super excited about having a stronger back this year, because maybe I won't be ABSOLUTELY WRECKED after Dances With Dirt like I am every year. My back is always one of those things I think I should work on strengthening whenever I am lamenting the pains that I have after a long race. Inevitably, my back will be sore, and that's super duper annoying. Maybe this season's the one where I resolve that issue.
Tomorrow is a day off, and boss told me to take off this afternoon after I finish watching the KU game with dice over lunch, so YAY for working at an awesome place, eh? it's like, practically the weekend! Woo!
and now, because julie has been so patient... here are photos from my birthday weekend out in Mpls. good times, people. good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Weight lifting really makes a huge difference in running. Have a super long weekend off.
Looks like you had a pretty fun Birthday weekend! When I finally get to visit you at Bayshore you will have to show me how to become girlified and do fun eye makeup. All you gals looked so cute and done up I feel jealous all of a sudden.
Love the photos...looks like serious fun!
Post a Comment