yesterday was what I affectionately like to call my "independence day," because right around this time three years ago was when my ex decided that he just wasn't ready to take that next step and broke things off with me. And at the time I was all, "MY LIFE IS OVER. I'M NEVER HAVING CHILDREN. MEN SUCK. I'LL NEVER FIND SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO MARRY ME."
hehe!
I've come to realize that this was one of the best things that anyone's ever done for me. and this year? I had an even more sarcastic smile on my face when I realized the significance of the date, how pathetic my reaction to the whole situation was, and how everything just seems to work out sometimes.
because yesterday also just happened to be the week anniversary of when Josh asked me to marry him.
and the week anniversary of when I said "well that's a stupid question. of course I will!"
it's amazing how your outlook on life can change in a matter of years, isn't it? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Congratulations!! I do believe we now need an engagement story...How did it happen??????
I am so, so happy for you.
Congratulations! That's awesome and I'm really happy for you!
oh my gosh what great news!!! I'm so geeked for you guys!
You guys really are such a great couple and it is obvious that you not only love each other but are committed to making your relationship work!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
(that's me screaming)
Congratulations! :) So very happy for you!
Congrats!! It is amazing how life works out sometimes!
:)
...didn't I call this back in October 2006?
Yeah. I'm pretty sure I did.
Congrats!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
How did you manage to hold out for an entire freaking week?!
Congrats!! What a swing!!
was wondering when that was going to happen! awesome; congrats!!!
Congratulations! I wish you two all the best.
Yay!!!!! Congrats to Mouse and Josh. This is the best news. :)
i've been wondering when this was going to happen!!!! congratulations!!!!!!!
congratulations!!
Sounds like we are in similar boats, congrats!!!
And I wholeheartedly agree with stabbing motions on running groups :)
Congrats, Mouse! How exciting!
Post a Comment