Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I have perfect timing, I tell ya.

so. hard. getting. out. of. bed.

But I did it, just to go get my run in outside this morning. Unfortunately, as I got in my car I saw raindrops on the windshield. no big deal, I can do rain. Drive out to the main road to go to the school where I park and start my runs and Oh look! lightning. I do not do lightning. Then a big "boom." I don't do thunder either. I like not being electrocuted. I turned around and hit the treadmill in the fitness center for my 4 miles, but set the incline to 1% grade to account for wind/grade resistance. Good thing I did because a torrential downpour began just after I got to .5 miles.

Running inside on the treadmill in the morning is not a good idea for me. It was the most boring thing ever, even with the tv and my iPod. I think that's just because I wanted to be sleeping instead. Which brings me to the question of the day: Since when does VH1 play Nine Inch Nails? Not that I'm complaining, "Only" is currently one of my favorite songs (and great to run to!) but it just really surprised me to see that video playing when I looked up.

Oh yeah, cross trained yesterday on the elliptical and then did chest and shoulders. I upped my weight in both so I did shorter sets. Was feeling it this morning. Other than that, not much newsworthy on the workout yesterday.

Theroommate and I had a discussion last night about her insidious plot to get me to eat all of her cookies on Sunday so she wouldn't have to. To be fair, I totally offered, but whatever. Anyways, she said she felt bad because she bought the box because she only wanted one or two and then realized that if she was going to be eating (she hasn't been so much since the surgery) she should be eating GOOD stuff and not crap. Then she said she felt bad for planning on pushing them off on me because she knew I was training, so we decided to make a pact that we are both going to try to make sure we feed our fabulous selves with quality food instead of junk and that we will encourage each other to have healthy snacks instead of things like boxes of cookies. We did make the exception that if one of us is having a craving or really wants something that's fine, but in order for her to get back to being healthy and for me to be in top shape for this 'thon we're both going to have to concentrate more on our nutritional needs and make sure our snacks and meals are made from quality choices. We then went and ate some of the yummy broccoli, zucchini and tomatoes that her parents brought up to us to reinforce our good habits. mmm...

No comments:

 
Site Meter