Wednesday, January 04, 2006

back to the land of suckers.

I, again, had the day off today, so I watched Penn State beat Florida State, discussed football until about 2:30 a.m. with the Air Force friend, and then slept until 10. it was fabulous. but tomorrow, it's back to work. I stand by my claim that work is for suckers. I will become one once again tomorrow.

I had a terribly productive last day off, though. I got up and had breakfast and then did some yoga. That was nice. I haven't done yoga in a really long time, and it felt really good to stretch out. Then I made out a grocery list, went through all of my mail/bank statements from the past month (I always let it pile up until I have time to get to it... luckily I pay all of my bills online or automatically or they'd all probably be late!) and put all the statements from last year in storage so I can start fresh with my filing folders for the year. then I registered my computer's extended warranty (after searching for it for 20 minutes in a panic because it cost me like $250) and did a bunch of laundry. The big pile of clothes that's been refusing to hang itself up in my closet was taken care of, thankfully.

I went over to the library, found a bunch of cd's to check out, returned some that were due, and started my 4.5 mile run from the library parking lot. It was rainy, but pretty mild out, so it was a really nice run. I stopped at the fitness center to lift legs on the way back to my apartment. My legs are already sore because of it. I only did squats, deadlifts, and lunges (usually I'd throw in extentions and hamstring curls too), so I don't see what the problem is. Well, actually I was really paying attention to get full ROM on my squats, so I think that may have been some of the issue (and perhaps the fact that I haven't lifted legs in like a month is also part of it?). I'm sore from yesterday's chest workout, so I'm going to be a big mass of sore muscles by the time I'm done hitting all the body parts.

Then I scrubbed my bathroom, took a shower, made dinner and went grocery shopping for the rest of the week's meals and made my lunch for tomorrow. Whew. I'm exhausted.

I had every intention of discussing the NFL wildcard weekend, but this post is already taking my attention away from the Rose Bowl game that I'm trying to watch.

4 comments:

E-Speed said...

whoa. I don't think I have been that productive in a long time.

Kudos to you!

PuddyRat said...

Wow! You've got more energy than I have. Of course, my kids are older than you so I'm not surprised.

But I saw your comment on Rob's RunningFurther blog about not wanting to put out your goals out there for all to see for fear of failing. Let me leave you with this thought (not mine): "'tis better to try something great and fail than to try nothing at all and succeed." Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. After all, what's the worst that could happen if you do fail? Look foolish? Maybe. So what? In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't matter. What matters is you tried!

Good luck to you and way to go an a super productive day. I should be so lucky to have one half so good.

BuckeyeRunner said...

I agree. Work is for suckers.
Can you send some productivity my way, please?

Rae said...

Work is totally for suckers. Blah!! There has to be a better way........

 
Site Meter