I didn't have to work today, because I had the foresight of knowing that I would be feeling lazy and not feel like getting back to the grind yet and took a few extra vacation days. So, I got approximately 11 hours of sleep and then watched some VH1 specials (aka time sucking kryptonite) and then headed over to the fitness center to get in an easy run and some weights. who would imagine that there would be 3 other people in the fitness center at 2:00 on a weekday? not me. that's because I forgot that it's new years resolution time, where the fitness center is packed 24/7 (or at least during the hours that I want to be there) and people you never saw over there before are now huffing and puffing away on the cardio equipment (god forbid they pick up a weight). Three young women (my age or younger) were in there today, and I was more than slightly amused while watching them leisurely walking on the treadmill for 15 minutes, then move to the elliptical to step slowly for 15 minutes, then move to the bike to pedal lethargically for 15 minutes... it was amusing until I got done with my weights and wanted to use one of the 'mills and they were walking at a pace slower than my nephew used to crawl. The best part about the whole thing? seriously, it had to be 90 degrees in there, and neither of the fans were on, because evidently the stupid girls think that working out in a sauna makes you lose weight quicker or something. Not that any of them needed to lose weight, because I swear their middle sections were smaller than one of my thighs, they were so tiny. I can't wait until february, when everyone's abandoned their fitness goals.
anyways, enough bitching. 3 today, on the treadmill. I originally planned to do 4 but I literally couldn't make myself because it was SO freaking hot in there. I also did a chest workout (db presses, db flys, incline db presses, and that stupid machine that's in there). I want to be as fast this spring as I was last spring, if not faster. this is going to be fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
It was packed to the gills at my gym on Monday! How funny. We'll see how many people are still on the fitness bandwagon come March!
Happy New Year!
I call the people like that "Strollers". I'm really not sure why they're there, or how many calories they think they might be burning. They'll all be gone by Feb 1!
I think you're going to be faster this Spring. I know it!
If 3 other people in the gym consitutes a busy day, I want to move to where you live. In crowded South Florida, the gym literally had hundreds in there the other day. I had to trip someone to get a treadmill; of course, I'm in there because of the opposite weather you have. I am escpaing to the gym for the air conditioning, and it's winter here.
Happy New Year!
Glad you have your running plans formulated and that your first runs of the year went well!
I used to hate New Years Resolooters at the gym too. Now, unfortunately, I am one.
Post a Comment