I haven't run since last Sunday, and yet my shins are yelling at me. we encountered several complications with my mom's condition, so they've intubated her and sedated her pretty heavily while they try to figure out/fix what's going on. her nurses are awesome, but there aren't really chairs in the critical care unit (probably to discourage visitors from staying too long) so you have to stand when you go visit her. This hasn't phased me. I'll stand there for hours at a time. last night the nurse gave me her chair because I was hanging out in there for so long. but now my shins hurt, like I ran a long run on my tiptoes or something.
yeah, so needless to say, no running. at least I felt she was stable enough to get a decent night's sleep last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. I hope they figure out what's going on really soon so they can get back on her feet and home.
I hope and pray that your mom will get better soon. Take care of yourself.
Sorry the legs hurt from standing, mouse. But its good that you are there. You'll find that people in intensive care get better treatment when family visit often and spend alot of time there. Its sad that it happens that way but it does. Don't be afraid to ask questions and tell them to fix things that don't seem right (when have you been bashful, right?).
We'll be keeping your mom and your family in out thoughts and prayers.
I hope your mom gets better soon...you are in my thoughts.
Dunno on the shin shplints...
geez, you'd think I'da been drinkin or sumthin...
should read "shin splints" - no extra "h"
Mouse I hope you are doing well. Just thinking of you and wanted to stop by and say hi.
Post a Comment